Chapter Twelve

It took me an hour to find my way back to the forest, just as I passed one tree i heard "your really going to choose them over me? Your brother!" Alfie sounded pissed but also a little hurt. I sighed and turned around where my brother a black dog just like me stood tall waiting for my answer "they're my family Alf!" I say walking towards them. "I'm your brother!" He growled, I shook my head growling. "The only memory I have of you Alfie is you bully me and pushing me away from the humans i was suppose to have. Your the reason Charlie got me in the first place!" I growled he shook his head and walked closer to me "they're monsters!" He growled in my face "the only monster I see is you Alfie, over here killing wolves because you think they killed your chickens." He scoffed "they killed some of my members to Alaska"
"You started it!"
The fur on his neck rose as he walked towards me growling, we heard a twig snap before another loud growl came through the forest. There stood a black wolf I know to be Night "don't you touch her" he growled, I smiled at him before turned back to Alfie. "Stop the attacks Alfie, or I'll stop you" were the last words I said before walking away.
Night made sure Alfie left before following me, I sat down by a fallen tree and took a deep breath. How dare he! Asking me to choose between the only family I've known. Yeah I had my mother but I was so young, the only thing she taught me was how to be a good house pet like her. Don't get me wrong I love my mother, even if I haven't seen her since I was 8 weeks old.
"You ok?" Nights voice came softly to my ears, I nodded my head "yeah, I can't believe Alfie is attacking the wolves over a badger killing his chickens!" I growled the last part before I started pacing "I should go back and rip his throat out" I growled "making me choose between the only family I've ever known and him." I shook my head still pacing, Night just sat and listened to me rant which I was thankful for. "The only memories I have of him is him bullying me and calling me a runt! Oh and when adoption day came, there was a little girl who was thinking about getting me but Alfie shoved me out of the way and she picked him." I scoffed "And he wants me to choose him over the pack?" I shook my head still pacing, Night slowly approached me "hey let's just settle down." He tells me as his wet tongue slid over my left ear, I nodded my head and sighed "your right, let's head back"
When the Moon came out to play, Night and I cuddled underneath a tree, I loved feeling Night's breath lift my fur before letting it fall back down, that's how i fell asleep. Listening to the night music that was made by crickets and other insects that stood around with nothing better to do but soothe us to sleep. I was thankful for them though, they had helped me sleep when Charlie would lock me out of the house out of anger.
"Just get the Fuck out!" He screamed for the fifth time, I walked to the door and waited for him to open it. I didn't have a problem with going outside, it meant he left me alone for the most part. But he didn't open the door, Charlie just kept screaming "get out" what was i suppose to do? Turn the door knob with my paws? I could tell that Charlie was getting angry, I made a quick run from him. I didn't want to get hurt. I ran under his bed and wrapped my tail around my eyes.
"You think you can hide from me?" His voice was almost like a whisper, that scared me even more. I heard his door Slam against the wall, probably putting another hole in the walls.
"Alaska?" I felt a little nudge behind my ear, I slowly lifted my head and looked around. Alfie sat staring at me, I got up quickly looking for Night. "What did you do to him?" I growled "he's chasing intruders out of the forest" he says Smugly, I shook the dirt out of my fur. "What do you want?"
"I'll stop fighting with the wolves if you leave their pack" he tells me, I couldn't help the small scoff that left my mouth. "You haven't changed Alfie. You still want to take away my happiness, what did I ever do to you?" I say while wrapping my tail around my paws. "Mom never paid any attention to me, she only cared about her precious Alaska" he growled, i shook my head with anger. "No, mom started paying more attention to me AFTER you started bullying me." He shrugged "plus I enjoyed making your life hell"
That was the only thing i needed to hear before i lunged at him. I grabbed a hold of the back of his neck dragging him onto the ground before jumping on top of him. I was trying to get to his throat to rip it out but he wasn't going to make it easy for me. He shoved me off him and started walking towards me with a killer look in his eyes "you want to act like a wolf, then you'll die like one" he growled before lunging at me. Everything happened so fast, one minute Alfie was trying to kill me the next he was dangling in Night's mouth. Dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry this chapter took a long time, I've been having some serious writers block with this one lol.