Chapter Nineteen

Alaska's POV:

I woke from a peaceful sleep, which wasn't common for me. Maybe it was the power of the moonstone? Or maybe The moon goddess finally gave me a break.
I glanced over at Night who was laying down, he'd let a small whimper out every few minutes. I wish I could wake him from his nightmares like he always does me, but this was an alphas test and I'm pretty sure I'd get in trouble.
I heard a twig snap outside of the cave putting me on alert. With night sleeping, I had to face whatever this was. Alone.

I walked closer to Night keeping my eyes in the entrance. I made sure to stay off the moonstone to the best of my ability. I wonder what Nights fears are. He didn't strike me for someone who had many, but looks are always deceiving.
I saw something shift right in the middle of the entrance, whatever it was, it was huge. I let a loud growl rumble through my throat hoping to scare whatever it was. Seconds later a huge bear came running in roaring at me, apparently my growl wasn't scary enough. I seriously have to work on that.
I ran in front of the moonstone, putting me in between the bear and Night. Night was not going to die on my watch, no way would I be able to survive without Night. I growled as loud as I could which seemed to only piss the bear off. Fucking rodents.

I ran towards a rock wall that was forming the cave, jumping against it and pushing my back legs against it so I'd land on top of the bear. It was honestly a lot easier then I thought it was going to be. I latched my jaw on top of the bears head while I used my claws to claw out the back of the bears neck. Unfortunately the bear grabbed ahold of me with its paws dragging me down to the hard floor. It nipped at my back leg as I tried to get away, I could feel the hole on the side of my right leg. The warm liquid rushing down my leg. I rushed onto the moonstone using my body as a shield for Night. The adrenaline rushing through my body made everything painless, but I knew once it wore off I was going to be in pain. I growled again getting the bears attention, it stopped and stared at me with drool dripping from its mouth. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a few second. I adjusted my feet into a better stance before letting out the loudest Roar that had ever left my mouth.

"You just have to breath in through your nose and push it out with force" night says with irritation in his voice. He's been trying to teach me how to growl for the past 25 minutes, and he wasn't being very patient about it either. What a dick.
"Are you paying attention?" Night growled getting the attention that was not on him. Oops.

Afterwards my throat felt super scratchy, but it was worth it saying as the bear whimpered and left. "Wow" Night says stirring under me. I glanced down to see the most proudest look on his face. "That was impressive" Night says as I walked off of him. I felt my heart swell uo
With satisfaction. I made Night proud. He was actually proud of me.
Night hopped up and sniffed around. "Your bleeding, where at?" He asked glancing around "the bear got me on my back leg, I should be fine though. It'll be sore for a few days" I say sitting down and licking it. It felt sort of like a burn that kept getting dripped on by warm water.
"Let me take a look" Night says walking closer, I sighed knowing he was going to make a big deal out of it. I knew hiding it from him wasn't going to work, he's not stupid.

"That doesn't look good. Can you walk on it?" Night says cleaning my wound with his tongue. I nodded my head standing up slowly "I can walk, just maybe not as fast" I say honestly.
He nodded his head before walking off of the moonstone and towards the water.
"The caves water will help with any infection. It will also stop the stinging" Night tells me, I wasn't sure if I believed it or not but I had no reason to doubt him.
I walked over towards the water and submerged myself with the cool feeling of the water. I laid there for a few minutes before getting up and climbing out. I shook the water off my body the best i could, of course Night was right. My body felt a lot better. It now felt
Like a bruise, a very painful bruise.

*********
Back to Alaska's POV lol. Hope you enjoyed it.
~Author Cass