Mysteries

I'm probably standing in front of one of my biggest enemies and letting her work beside me while I'm mentally tortured to death.

At first I couldn't think of anything. I probably shouldn't think about it, because every move I make is watched by my inner demons.

Lily's head had never been full of such thoughts. But fear was no stranger to her either.

So why was she afraid of all this?

Why didn't he walk through it as easily as he did to all the deals he had made with various evil people?

Was he as powerful then as she told herself on a daily basis?

Was she worthy of being Wendel's queen?

Am I really that bad guy in my own planned story?

In recent days, Lily has been bothered with such questions. And it made her nervous. She had always been so sure of everything and now ...

What's going on with me? Lily could think to herself.

She walks thoughtfully to her street and sees Kro sitting by the wall of her house and watching her.

"Has something happened?" Lily asks, looking at Kro for a moment.

Kro shakes his head and says, "Nothing to worry about."

Lily shakes her head from side to side and says, "I should be the heart of this city, so I should know what's happened here."

"Of course you should," Kro replies, looking away.

Lily nods to herself and asks quietly, "Kro, can you tell me something?"

Kro nods carefully and Lily asks, "Am I weakened, Kro?"

Kro shakes his head and says, "Everyone sometimes has setbacks, Lily. No one is unstoppable. "

"So I'm weak," Lily says, looking down.

Kro stands up from the wall and says, "No, Lily."

"How am I not?" Lily asks, playing with her fingers.

"Your servants are a little exhausted, too, Lily. None of them dare to say it, but it is true, "says Kro.

"Why haven't you told me anything about it?" Lily asks in frustration.

"I didn't want to drive you crazy, Lily. You've been so unstable lately that I haven't dared to tell you that, "says Kro.

Lily smiles quietly and says, "Let's go inside. I also need to tell you something. "

Kro looks Lily anxiously and sits with her in the girl's favorite place.

Lily sighs to herself and says, "I'm sorry I've been so secretive lately. But I have recently received new information. "

Kro presses his back against the wall and says, "Talk, Lily."

Lily sighs to herself and says, "The girl we kidnapped turns out to be a assassin hired by Lucas Holt to kill me. But..."

Kro pauses her and asks, "Is this intruder trying to kill you ?! How did she get here? What's her motive, Lily? What if ...? "

Lily stops her biting quietly from her lower lip and continues: "The girl is acting under the name Dusk. It turned out that he wanted to kill me in order to take revenge on the world for his humiliation. But now there is one catch. "

Kro looks at Lilyit in the eyebrows and asks, "So what's the catch?"

"Since we both have only limited information about him and we both want to kill him, we had the idea that in order to kill him, I would have to beat him to his side and then backstab him while Dusk gathers information."

Kro shakes his head and asks: "I don't understand one thing. Why? "

"Because he's a psychopath?" Lily asks, shrugging.

"Yes, but why didn't he lure you out of Wendel to kill you. Why here? Why right now? "

Lily looks at her city for a moment and replies, "I don't know why he didn't get me out of here. But maybe this is a good place to put an end to your missing twin brother. And probably a concern about the family's choice of a new ruler. "

"Missing twin brother?" Kro asks, blinking.

Lily sighs and says, "Yes. The missing twin brother. Hunter Than or Lukas Holt and Dusk, so to speak, a little brother. "

Kro shakes his head and admits: "This situation is getting weirder every day."

"I agree," Lily replies.

"So basically Holt has some kind of arsenal, three people who want his death and a plan to take revenge on the whole world? There is still a character! "Says Kro looking at Lily.

"This is probably the most confusing of the brothers who have ever been here," Lily admits to herself.

"That's why we all have to go against him together," says Kro.

Kro nods and Lily pulls closer to him and says, "I know you may not like it, but ... It's something I really want, Kro. Save Wendel. Save us. "

Kro shakes his head and says, "I like what you like."

"So you're saying yes?" Lily asks, raising an eyebrow.

"If you want to," Kro says without hesitation.

But Lily just smiles at it and says patiently, "Yes or no?"

Kro rolls his dark eyes and answers, "Yes."

Lily smiles at him and says, "So, until Holt dies, I belong to him. Absolutely. And you can't say anything about it. "

"Damn," Kro mutters.

"It sounds as much as Ash's ability to anger me  at night with his croaking," Lily replies with a laugh.

Kro smiles at Lily and Lily asks, "How can I become a completely different person next to you, Kro? Why do I feel safer with you than with anyone else? "

Kro gulps and asks, "Why, Lily?"

Lily shrugs and replies, "It's a mystery. Our mystery. "