The consequences of a bad childhood

Kayla sighs to herself and says, "I know you have a hard time believing me, but ..."

"You're telling me the truth?" Lily asks, raising an eyebrow.

Kayla swallows quietly and asks, "If I told you everything, would you be willing to listen to me?"

Lily glances at the floor for a moment and replies, "Okay. But if I don't like something in that story, I'll cut you. "

Kayla nods and starts saying, "I come from a very poor and not very reputable family. We are constantly sinking into debt and my parents are having difficulty making money. Probably because my father is an alcoholic and my mother is constantly using drugs and other things. 

And so my brother and I are living a very difficult life. We have already lived a very large part of our lives in fear that their addictions will reach a level where we will die at their hands. So I had decided to start making money somehow. But of course, it is not easy for a 10-year-old girl to find a job with her 6-year-old little brother. And we didn't have the money. We were both doomed, lived on the streets and ate poorly until ... I saw a man. At the time, he looked very scary to me, but he offered me a job. As an assassin. And since I had nothing, I accepted this job and started killing people for huge sums of money. And everything else was completely irreversible. "

"What's next?" Lily asks, looking at the girl.

Kayla sighs quietly, "I became a very capable assassin and I started killing innocent people. The power had hit me in the head, and as my boss began to find it dangerous, I killed him and his descendants and began to act alone. I took the name Dusk, because often when we talked about some people, I had managed so quietly and in dark shadows that I was called Dusk. "

Lily nods thoughtfully and asks, "Did you ever think about ending it at that time?"

Kayla shakes her head and says, "No, it's so familiar to me that I can't imagine doing anything else."

"What about your brother? Is he still alive? "Lily asks a murmur in a low voice.

Kayla nods and then looks questioningly at Lily and asks, "Why are you asking? Are you worried about him? "

"No." Lily replies simply.

Kayla nods and continues, "Like I told you, I only killed those who pay a high price. And the Holt family was known as the gangster family. Each of them is very powerful, confident and ambitious. And in the name of the death of their enemy, they agreed to pay a high price. "

"Understandable," Lily Kayla mutters, staring at her hands.

Kayla swallows for a moment and moves her hands closer to her. Lily notices that Kayla has become nervous while talking to her and asks, "Do you want to continue?"

Kayla looks at Lily timidly for a moment and asks, "Will you cut me if I say no?"

Lily shakes her head and says, "It's just about lying. I'm not a sadist. At least not against those who do not deserve it. "

Kayla sighs with relief and Lily asks, "Would you like to continue otherwise?"

Kayla shakes her head and says, "No, thank you. I'm very tired. "

Lily nods and gets up from behind the table, but Kayla suddenly shouts, "Wait!"

Lily stops abruptly and says, "Thank you for listening to me. And that you were so good to me. I actually expected a lot worse. "

Lily nods and replies, "Be kind, White. You will be taken back to your seat. And tomorrow we will continue our conversation. "

Kayla nods and Shadow appears from behind the wall and grabs Kayla's handcuffs until Lily suddenly stops and says, "Kayla."

Kayla stops abruptly and Lily says, "Don't trust anyone but me. There are scammers and fraudsters here. "

Kayla nods and moves sloppily out of the hall in front of Shadow.

She looks at Kayla in front of Shadow, smiling for a moment, and then walks back to her house with an indifferent look.

The cool air of the night strokes Lily's face and she watches the stars shine in the sky and predict a brighter night for her.

She is the queen. But she secretly bows before the stars and the majesty of the moon. For the ruler that is mightier than she is only the Night.

Lily has often secretly asked the stars for help and talked to them.

It offered her comfort in her darkest moments.

Now, the thought that Kayla trusted her offered her unprecedented satisfaction.

And then Lily started thinking ...

Does the world really need to be ruled out by all who worship and fear you?

Or was there another way?

Any better way?