Invasion

Lily sat on the edge of her house, watching the night sky and listening to the last night's city voices.

She enjoyed it.

She didn't go anywhere at night.

And her companions were aware of that. Lily allowed herself to interfere with them only when absolutely necessary.

And today was one of those evenings.

Lily drifted in peace along the upper floors of the ruin until she suddenly heard one of her friends arrive.

The girl stopped on the edge of the house and says, "I hope we can sleep peacefully one night."

"If only it were so." Muttered a male voice behind her.

Lily smiles slightly, "Do you miss sleeping then?"

"I still miss this," the voice replies.

"Don't start, Kro," Lily says impatiently.

Kro. Lily's right hand and the only person Lily tells everything about. Which in her sense is little. But Kro understands this and therefore tries to help Lily whenever possible. Even if Lily doesn't want it.

"Our city has been invaded, Lily," he says, looking away.

"Who are we dealing with?" Lily asks, taking a deep breath.

"We do not know. None of us have ever seen him, "says Kro, slightly frightened, knowing that angrily, Lily could overthrow him.

But to her surprise, Lily didn't get upset. She just turns to Kro and says, "Thank you, Kro."

Kro nods humbly and asks, "What about him now?"

"We'll see." Lily replies in a low voice.

Kro swallowed loudly and Lily adds, "Go rest. And tell the others to keep an eye on our intruder. Or else..."

Kro nods with a slight tremor and runs away. Because usually when Lily says "or else," it's nothing but chaos.