Silence after the war

The next morning, Lily wakes up especially early. Even before her team members.

She watches as a few crows fly over the early morning sky and croak quietly.

Now that the war is over, Lily thinks to herself.

And now all this should give her peace. Her city was still untouched, and she still sat on the "throne" of that city.

But still ...

Something seemed to be missing.

So Lily went to one of her favourite places, which was the marble fountain in the city's central square.

When Lily got there, she sat thoughtfully on the edge of it, watching the sun light up the pecking crows on the street and shed light on her city

Liliana Elizabeth Ferecci. What a name! Very Italian and beautiful, but still ...

So unknown and unfamiliar. As if the name wasn't for Lily.

She didn't know if she should start associating her real name with her other name? Maybe she should?

But maybe not?

That name was still a relatively blackened name.

Lily sighs to herself until she sees Kro coming up,asking, "How long have you been sitting here?"

Lily swallows once and then replies, "Since sunrise."

"Aren't you cold?" Kro asks as he sits next to him.

"No. I'm fine, "says Lily calmly.

Kro nods to himself and says, "Of course you are, Lily."

Lily sighs once and then says, "I want Ash to be free."

"Isn't he then?" Kro asks, frowning.

Lily shrugs and replies, "He's free, but at the same time he's not."

"Do you want to release him?" Kro asks, placing his hand on Lily's shoulder.

"Yes. And please, don't touch my shoulder, Kro. "Lily says slightly irritated.

"I'm sorry, Lily. I forgot that you don't like it when someone ... "Kro starts saying.

Lily shakes her head and says, "It's not about touching, Kro. You just whipped me so hard against the wall that my shoulder is still sore from the blow. "

Kro nods once and asks, "How are you feeling, Lily?"

"Okay," Lily says with an absent look.

"Are you sorry you killed them?" Kro asks, looking at Lily.

Lily looks at the edge of the fountain for a moment and then looks at Kro: "Part of me, hoped I would regret their death. But when that moment finally arrived, I thought to myself, why didn't the I kill my mother before? "