A Wildcard Wedding 2

The wedding day was hectic, people running from one wing of the house to another, getting the decorations perfect

The wedding day was hectic, people running from one wing of the house to another, getting the decorations perfect. Grace was taken to another room for her hair and makeup, leaving Nadia to sit on the bed bored, as she had already done as much as she could. Her custom made sign was hanging on the front door for everyone to see. She already had a quick breakfast and was trying to flip through a magazine but her mind kept travelling to the Baudelaires. Were they okay? Were they in livable conditions? Most importantly, Did Count Olaf find them?

Nadia shook her head trying to get rid of these thoughts. This special day was for her father so she would not ruin it by moping.

Nadia got into the shower, as she attempted to think about anything but the Baudelaires. She turned on lukewarm water and shampooed her hair with a light lavender scent of shampoo. She washed her body with Jasmine-Rose scented body wash.  

She walked outside with fresh clothes on and noticed a beautiful dress on her bed. It was a beautiful red rose dress off the shoulder dress, and Nadia loved it.

 It was a beautiful red rose dress off the shoulder dress, and Nadia loved it

Nadia saw a note on top of the dress. Picking it up them, she read.

To Nadia,

Here's your maid of honour dress

Xoxoxo Grace

Nadia smiled letting her hands run on the silky fabric of the dress and quickly changed into it. It was a beautiful dress and she remembered red was Violet's favour-- no, no more thinking of the Baudelaires! Nadia scolded herself.

She quickly dried her hair and went to where Grace was getting ready with the professional team. Her makeup was already done, with red lipstick and some brown eyeshadow with some blush and mascara. Her hair was currently being straightened by one team, and another was currently clipping some of Grace's hair. 

"Oh hey Nadia," Grace greeted looking at the mirror seeing Nadia's reflection. "You need anything?"

"Hey Grace, I just wanted someone to help me get ready," Nadia replied.

"Okay, I will send someone to your room," Grace said and softly smiled, "you look beautiful, Nadia."

"Thank you, Grace," Nadia said with her cheeks turning pink. Nadia left the room, holding up her dress and walking out seeing photographs hung on the walls of her father, her mother and her sister. Her sister looked almost identical to her, except she inherited her mother's beautiful blue eyes and her hair was lighter than Nadia's. Her mother had stunning ocean blue eyes with brown hair and was pretty tall, she was the same height as her father.