The Marvellous Moments 2

Life had been going smoothly for the children. It was filled with laughter and joy. The children couldn't have been happier. If you looked at them, you would not realize that the children went through something horrible at all. 

The little moments they shared were precious and sweet.

"And they lived happily ever after," Nadia smiled at Sunny as she finished the story she was telling. Sunny was sleeping quite soundly on a chair, in Nadia's huge room. Nadia chuckled.  She gently carried Sunny and went to Sunny's bedroom which had been made for her.

She placed her carefully on the bed and gently covered her with her blue blankets. She smiled at Sunny's peaceful expression.

The moments in the Jewels home were peaceful as well. Some moments were simply heartwarming, like this one. 

"I swear to god," said Nairobi, as Nadia forcefully pulled her out of her chair. Nairobi had been reading a boring book about history.

 "Let go of me this instant Kat-" She was cut off as Klaus sat on the piano and played some music. The room the children were in was huge, with comfortable sofas where the Quagmires were sitting and Violet was also reading a book, Sunny sat on her lap.

All of the children's attention went to Klaus as he played a familiar tune.

"No way," Nairobi breathed. "Mom used to love you playing this."

"I asked him to play myself," Nadia said proudly, as she placed her hands on her sister's shoulders. Nairobi smiled, tears stinging her eyes as she placed her hands around her sister's waist. They slowly started to dance along to the music.

"Mom must be smiling from heaven," Nairobi said. Klaus smiled as he focused on his fingers, touching the right keys. The Quagmires and the youngest and eldest Baudelaire smiled at the pair.

"Would you care to?" Isadora asked Duncan, as she put her palm in front of Duncan.

"I would love to," Duncan smiled as he placed himself near Nairobi and Nadia. Slowly they started to dance. They felt their sibling bond become even stronger. Isadora and Nadia's stories were quite similar, siblings they thought they lost, came back. Nadia cherished Nairobi's sisterly warmth as Isadora cherished her brother's. Violet and Sunny joined them too, and Violet bent down and danced with Sunny.

"Alright," Klaus yelled after a few minutes went by. "It's switching time!" Giggling all of them spun and Nadia found herself with Duncan.

"Shall we?" Duncan asked, poshly. Nadia giggled and nodded. They slowly started dancing.

"Hey!" Quigley complained. "I don't have a partner." Nairobi giggled. 

"You can join us!" She said holding out her hand. Grinning to himself, he accepted. The trio started dancing goofily laughing to themselves. Duncan and Nadia laughed looking at them.

Duncan spun Nadia around, and they couldn't stop the grin on their faces.  

"Honestly, Nadia," Duncan said, as Nadia looked curiously at them. "I couldn't be happier right now."

"Me too," Nadia agreed as Duncan spun her again.

Nadia looked at the others, Violet was dancing with Isadora while Quigley was dancing with Sunny. Noticing Duncan staring at Violet, she smiled at him. Sunny ran towards them, with her arms open and jumped on top of Nadia. Almost stumbling she managed not to fall and all of the children burst out into laughter.

Some moments were so endearing I find it difficult to write this, to capture the moment.

Nairobi hummed to herself, adding a few more brush strokes to her painting. She dipped her brush in water, cleaning the brush as she dipped it in yellow paint. She was currently trying to paint a beautiful sunset but her painting looked more like she had random colourful splotches all over her canvas.