The bad beginning 2

Nadia could be seen, preparing some food for the Baudelaires which consisted of pancakes, a little bit of fruit and water. After yesterday when the Baudelaires seemed so vulnerable and helpless, she thought that the Baudelaires must have trusted her a great amount. She thought that if they were treated so badly, then how much did the poor souls eat? She decided to prepare some delicious breakfast so they could feel slightly better.

She also secretly sneaked in some clothes for Violet so she could at least feel more comfortable and it would be a sign she really and truly wanted to be their friend. As for Klaus, since no boys were leaving in Aunt Strauss's house she decided to give him a book. Little Woman is an old classic book written by Louisa May Alcott, so she thought that Klaus would like it. As for Sunny, she took some carrots because Sunny liked hard food, she also got a picture book for her. With all of the necessities packed she set out to go to Count Olaf's house.

As she was about to knock on the door she noticed the Baudelaires in the garden chopping wood. Why were they chopping wood?

-----------------------------------------------------

Klaus swung the axe down over each log to break it into smaller pieces, they discussed possible plans of action, while Sunny chewed meditatively on a small piece of wood. They saw to their delight Nadia or should they say, Katrina? 

"Hello, Baudelaires." Nadia greeted all the while taking out the food she brought. The Baudelaires mood turned up considerably and they thought not even Count Olaf could ruin their mood. I am flat out saying they were terribly wrong.

"Thank you so much!" Klaus and Violet said in unison while hungrily eating the pancakes. Sunny said," Echo!" which probably meant "what about me? "

"Don't worry, Sunny. Here's a carrot." She said giving it to Sunny. The poor baby hungrily ate it and asked for more. In less than 30 seconds she had finished more than 6 carrots. It really makes you wonder if the Baudelaires could even survive with Count Olaf and they wouldn't starve to death.

"Here I also brought some presents for you, guys!" Nadia exclaimed excitedly showing the dresses, she bought for Violet, one was a purple-coloured dress that actually looked exactly like Nadia's except her dress was yellow and had no sleeves.

(The dress Nadia was wearing)