The Passageway Paths

For Anastasia,

You were born as my sister. 

When you died, you became my guardian angel.

After the Baudelaires had left with Mr Poe (for their new guardian), Nadia had been urgently called back to her family's new mansion. With her heart thumping with anticipation, Nadia had been escorted back home by one of her butlers, Mr Smith. As the scenery blurred past her, she couldn't keep her mind off of how everything turned out to me. Her friends were in danger again and she could do nothing about it. She hated Count Olaf with a passion for the misery he made such sweet and intelligent people go through.

Nadia hadn't been to her new home yet, even though her parents bought the house with everything in place there were still renovating things according to her father. The house had been previously owned by Jacquelyn Scieszka and her parents had been hellbent on getting that particular house. Jacquelyn was Mr Poe's secretary at Mulctuary Money Management. She hadn't thought that Jacquelyn would own a mansion.

"We are here, Miss Jewels," Mr Smith said as the car slowed to a stop. Nadia nervously got out, flattening her Prufrock uniform. She had no time to change as Mr Smith had arrived suddenly, in the middle of her Language Arts class. She looked around her new house in complete awe.

It was very beautiful. Her house looked big with a lot of floors, and there was a stone pathway leading up to the door. It was curved upwards. There were flowers blooming in the gardens there was a huge pond in front. There was greenery everywhere. It looked like what she would imagine Prince Charming's castle from Cinderella would look like.

 It looked like what she would imagine Prince Charming's castle from Cinderella would look like

In awe, she walked up the stone pathway with Mr Smith following behind her. She rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, the door was opened by her father.

"I am glad you came," He said nervously as he gestured for her to enter.

"What's wrong?" Nadia asked unable to hide the concern in her voice. She entered the mansion, looking at everything with awe.

"Well," Her father started. "Maybe it's best to ask Grace." Nadia raised her eyebrows in question as she was seated in one of the living rooms. The sofa was very comfortable and it was covered with fabric that Nadia assumed was velvet. There were beautiful flowers in a vase on a side table on her left. To her right was another sofa where her father was sitting.

Grace entered having a bright smile on her face. Her face reminded Nadia of the moon, as it was glowing. She was wearing a very loose white dress that was flowing behind her and her hair was down in loose curls. She sat on the couch which was in the centre of Nadia and her father.

Grace -now her mom- nervously played with her fingers. An awkward silence fell.

"So, can you tell me what happened?" Nadia asked after what felt like an eternity.