Chapter 32

The evening sunset brought orange tints to the pleasant blue sky as the clouds slightly blocked its bright rays. She was silently staring at her name carved in the memory stone, her blue eyes flicking to those who sacrificed themselves for others to live. The lump of emotion was stuck in her throat as she lightly traced her name and remembered everything.

In that moment, she thought about Newt and her chest ached in sorrow. He was her friend and even if he thought otherwise, she hoped he was looking down at them from above with that crooked smile of his. Maybe one day he would forgive her just the others did.

A tear escaped her watery blue eyes, her mind swirling with the sudden memory of falling into that fire abyss as she stared back at his brown eyes. She sometimes couldn't believe she was actually here, safe in paradise and happy with Thomas. This carving would always be a reminder of her sacrifice. For him.

Teresa continued walking, pasting the memory stone and headed towards the cliff side. It would be a while for Thomas to come back from his run with Minho and she didn't have anything left to do in the Med-Jacks hut. The distant sounds of the ocean greeted her ears, soothing her as she sat with her legs against her chest.

The cold breeze made her body slightly shiver, making her miss Thomas's warmth as she stared at the relaxing view. Her dark raven hair swayed in the wind, her arms curled around her knees as peace flooded her body. She often wondered how Thomas found this cliff side, it was isolated from the camp and had a beautiful view on the ocean.

She was so deep in her own thoughts, she didn't notice another person joining her. A familiar warmth brushed against her shoulder as she recognised his touch and turned to see soft brown eyes.
"Room for one more?" Thomas whispered, softly as he stared at her.
"For you. Always." Teresa whispered, quietly as she slightly moved and patted the space behind her.

They sat relaxed, her back against his chest and sitting between his legs as he silently lay behind her. Her head rested against his chest, listening to the relaxing sound of his heart beat as he wrapped his arm around her small waist. He nuzzled her neck in bliss, loving her warmth as they stared at the soothing view.

She gently grabbed his hand, spotting the small scratches on his knuckles before she looked up at him with worried blue eyes.
"Branches from the trees. It's nothing, Teresa." He muttered, softly as he noticed her concerned expression.
She nodded at his response and brought his large hand to her pink lips before softly kissing his knuckles.

His brown eyes held a soft glimmer, loving her touch as he watched her caress his hand. His fingers quickly laced with hers, feeling her squeeze his hand as he pressed a soft kiss on her palm.
"I went to the memory stone today. I saw my name, Tom...." She whispered, softly as she turned around and stared at him. Thomas didn't reply and she knew instantly who carved it there as she felt him stiffen behind her.

"I didn't want to forget you...." He whispered back, quietly as he protectively tightened his hold on her waist. He saw her beautiful blue eyes glistening with tears and gently rubbed her trembling pink lip with his thumb.
"I never wanted to leave you. I just didn't think I could jump...." Teresa muttered under her breath as she pressed her forehead against his. He breathed shakily at her words as he remembered desperately wanting her to jump, instead he lost her.

"You're everything to me, Teresa...." Thomas muttered, softly as he stared at her watery blue eyes. Even at the very start, he felt drawn to her and wanted to keep her safe. That's why he couldn't let Gally hurt her when they were separated, she was still everything.

"Your everything to me too, Tom. That's why I saved you. I couldn't lose you...." She whispered, softly as leaked tears streamed down her cheeks. She clutched his shirt, desperately clung to him as their foreheads stayed pressed together.
"I know...." He murmured in a barely audible voice as he nodded against her forehead.

She lovingly peppered soft kisses all over his face, tears still streaming down her cheeks as he closed his eyes in bliss. He breathed in deeply as his brown eyes slowly opened and gently wiped her tears with his thumb.

"I wanted to die with you...." He muttered under his breath as he held their entwined hands tightly to his chest. He remembered when he saw her disappear into the smoke and fire, all he felt was emptiness.
"I'm sorry...." She muttered, quietly as she saw the empty look in his brown eyes. She didn't know she could be forgiven back then and now she knew as she stared at his pained expression. He never hated her.

"I've loved you....for so long, Teresa...." Thomas murmured, softly as he pressed light kisses on her fingers and lingered longer on her ring finger.
"I loved you....from the start, Tom...." Teresa whispered, softly as she caressed his rough cheek.

"Then will you marry me, Teresa Agnes?"
He whispered back, quietly as he pressed a final kiss on her ring finger. He tightly held their entwined hands back on his chest and looked at her.
"What?" She muttered under her breath as she stared into his intense gaze. His brown eyes captured hers with such a intensity that she couldn't look away.

Happiness and love spread through her chest, still not believing what she heard. She clutched his shirt, never letting go of his hand as her blue eyes sparkled with tears.
"Marry me...." He murmured, softly as he kissed her eyelids, nose, forehead and cheeks. Her eyes were closed in bliss, breathing shakily as she absorbed his love.

"Be mine forever, Teresa...." Thomas muttered, quietly as he pierced her with his intense gaze. He wanted to live the rest of his life with only her.
"Yes....yes, Tom. I want to be yours...." Teresa whispered, softly as tears of joy streamed down her cheeks. She desperately wanted to be tied to him forever, the man she loves. There was no other future for her without him.

His brown eyes held a joyful glimmer, a soft smile grew on his face as he gently wiped her tears with his thumb. Their eyes locked, burning with passion and love as they stared at one another. His hold on her waist unknowingly tightened, keeping her pressed against his chest as she continued clutching his shirt. They belonged to each other.

His brown eyes quickly darkened as he saw her bite her pink lip.
"Can I have a kiss?" He whispered, quietly as he stared at her soft pink lips longingly.
"We won't be able to stop...." She whispered back, shakily as she shivered in his arms.
"Then let's go back...." He murmured, quietly as he rubbed her pink lip with his thumb. He gently led her in the direction of their hut, their hands still entwined.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)