Regret and Redd-emtion

"Agh, why did I do that!? Why did I-" Redd facepalms before noticing a familiar car in the distance. It is white and red, with the words HHA imprinted on the door. "Wait is that Nook's car? Shoot!" he curses and hides behind the building. 

"Is this the place?" Isabelle looks out the window. "This is where the candy wrapper track leads..." You stop and park the car. Nook jumps out of the car immediately, "Oh Tommy, where are you?" Nook begins to look around the village. You run towards the village as well and start checking every inch of the place. Timmy rides on your shoulders as you hustle to catch up with Nook. 

"Wait, you two! We can't just enter a village like that we have to-" Isabelle yells but you and Nook were already too far away to listen. She sighs. 

"Hey, this village looks awfully similar but different..." Lyle scratches his head. 

"This is an only-human village. Interesting, but why would Redd ever come here?" Isabelle examines the place. 

"Well I don't know but I'm going to look around the village, It looks nice." Lyle nods. 

Isabelle stands in the middle of the village, searching around the corners of buildings. She notices the townspeople eyeing her strangely. Isabelle tries to smile and walks faster. People gasp and frown at her, she walks even faster. Now running, she quickly hides behind the town hall and sighs. 

"Heya-" Redd waves his hand. 

"Oh hello- WAIT- AAA!" Isabelle jumps and slaps Redd in the face. 

"Well that's not a friendly way to say hi, is it?" Redd rubs his cheek. 

"WHAT ARE YOU- ...YOU... YOU!" Isabelle angrily takes Redd by his green coat. "YOU KIDNAPPED TOMMY!" she growls. 

"Wait! I- I can explain!" Redd shuts his eyes tightly. 

"There is no way you can explain kidnapping a child!!!" Isabelle scowls. 

"I know I'm a jerk," Redd admits. 

"Yeah, you are!" Isabelle rolls her eyes. 

"And I don't deserve to be forgiven..." Redd sighs. 

"Yeah, you don't!" Isabelle agrees.

"But I'm going to save that kid' no matter what." Redd shakes his head. 

"Yeah, you-... Wait what?" Isabelle lets go of him. 

"I may hate everyone, but that kid taught me something that 27 years of living couldn't teach me..." Redd says as he starts to climb the building. 

"Wait- How old are you?" Isabelle raises her eyebrow. 

"Hey! Haven't they taught you to never ask a lady their age!" Redd scoffs. 

"But you're not a-" Isabelle looks puzzled. 

"Help me up will ya'?" Redd shouts as his legs hang from the wall. Isabelle facepalms and tries to push him up. Redd flinches, "Hey! Watch where you are touchin'!" Redd kicks his feet. "How am I supposed to know? Your feet are in my face!" Isabelle tries to push him up but ends upgrabbing something else. "HEY! I'M RESERVED FOR MARRIAGE YA' KNOW!?" He frowns and quickly scuttles onto the roof of the building. Isabelle yanks her hand away and shakes it, "EW EW I TOUCHED YOUR BUTT!" she squawks. 

"Don't exaggerate! Hurry up and get up here already!" Redd reaches down and pulls her up. Isabelle still has a traumatized look on her face. Redd shrugs, "You should be glad, not everyone gets a chance to touch my-" 

"Please stop talking," Isabelle rubs her forehead.

"Fine." Redd crosses his arms and starts looking around for an entrance. On the roof, the Town Hall has a vent planted on the edge. "I'm going in..." Redd says before opening the vent and falling straight down. Isabelle panics, "Where are you going!? Hey! I'm coming along as well!" she exclaims and jumps into the vent too. 

"AA-" Isabelle screams. "Shhhh!" Redd covers her mouth. She slaps his hand away from her. "Jeez, can you be any louder!?" Redd whispers. Isabelle glares at him. "For a tiny dog, you sure are scary..."  Redd continues along to crawl through the vent, with Isabelle behind him. 

"Enjoyin' the view?" Redd snickers. 

"I will not hesitate to rip your tail off," Isabelle growls. 

Redd laughs before finally reaching the end. He opens the vent opening and sees Tommy still crying in the corner. Redd Immediately feels bad. "Psst- Kid..." Redd calls in a loud whisper. 

Tommy looks up to see Redd but ignores him. Redd whispers again, this time louder: "PSST! KID! HELLO???" 

"Leave me alone..." Tommy turns away. 

Redd slowly crawls out and sits beside Tommy. "What are you doing!?" Isabelle yells quietly. 

Tommy scoots away. Redd sighs: "I've never told anyone this before but- when I was a little fox I didn't really have anyone to tell me what was right and what was wrong..." he rubs his arm. 

Tommy stops and looks at him, "Didn't you have parents?" 

Redd struggles to answer, "Let's just say, they weren't a good example... Unlike your Uncle Nook, I bet he takes good care of ya' huh?" Redd chuckles softly. 

"That's still not an excuse..." Tommy crosses his arms. 

"I know, but can I tell ya' something kid? I've been thinkin' a lot about what you said earlier... When you said I was fun... It made me feel special, something I haven't felt in a long time." Redd rubs his eyes as he hides his face. 

Tommy scoots closer to him, this time hugging him. Isabelle smiles at them. Redd notices and jumps up, "Er-... L-let's get ya' home kid..." he says and carries Tommy up into the vent. They all come out from the roof and slide down safely. Isabelle looks at Redd. He looks the other way. She pats him on the back, "I guess you aren't that bad after all..." 

Redd raises his eyebrows. Feeling somewhat different from how he felt before. He grins. "Let's find your Uncle Nook." Redd carries Tommy on his shoulders. "Yay!" Tommy cheers. Isabelle grins and follows beside them.