Friendship in Progress

You close the door and turn around to Nook who was standing on the table. "You really seem to get along very well with the boys" Nook looks up to you. " Yeah! They are very important to me...You have raised them very well, Nook!"  You smile. His eyes twinkle. "Yes, yes. They have changed my life ever since they have been here with me.." He sits down. 

Y/n's POV 

My eyes were fixed on his deep blue eyes as I sat in the chair beside him. In a strange way, he seemed to want to tell me something... Initially, he hesitated to return my gaze, but soon we both found ourselves staring deeply into each other's eyes. Seeing his face slowly redden, he blinked and looked away. Confused, I tilt my head. 

"You know Ms. Y/n...You have a very beautiful-... House..." He paused. 

 "Thank you! I really wish the HHA would give me more points for my hard work though," I laughed. I watch him shyly look down, "We would really like to have you with us...I think you would really like our home, hm?" Nook tilted his head. I felt myself flush red, he wanted me to live with him?

"O-oh! I had said that as a joke Mr. Nook, but I don't doubt your house is wonderful" I exclaimed. Did he think I was serious?  "A-ah Y-yes Yes, no problem Ms. Y/n! That was very foolish of me to say, I apologize!" Nook looks down in embarrassment. I felt terrible, but...Why on earth would he ever want me to live with him? Regardless, I felt bad... However, I did promise Timmy & Tommy that I would think about it... However, your offer does sound quite interesting to me Mr. Nook... And yes, maybe I will consider moving in with three of my favorite shop owners! I smiled, he turned to me in shock. The bright red on his face swirled butterflies into me. "I'm very happy to hear that, Ms. Y/n..." 

Tom's POV   

My soul burst through the air upon hearing Ms. Y/n's response! I didn't expect her to agree with me. Oh, what was I thinking!? 

It was such a foolish thing to ask... Yet my heart can't contain itself! I must tell her how I feel! 

No, no... I cannot... I must control myself... 

 "Mr. Nook. I really respect how tender and kind you are to the nooklings. I never perceived you as the soft type. As a result of seeing your good nature, I now appreciate you in a completely new way." Ms. Y/n ran her hand down my arm.

  When I heard her speak- my heart just jumped! Nobody has ever said that to me before..."Y-You flatter me too much, Ms. Y/n!" I stammer, feeling my arm tremble to her touch. 

"Please just Y/n. I think it's less formal" She smiled 

"A-ah yes, yes Y/n... I saw how you all get along so well, and I'm ever so happy that the Nooklings have someone else to look up to in a parental aspect." I nodded at her, she seemed to have the most lovely smile on her face. 

Y/n's POV  

It was impossible not to smile! I was looked up to by the Nooklings! Some kind of pure joy filled my heart... I carried Tom Nook up and hugged him tightly. My attention was immediately drawn to his blush. I let him go right away. "My apologies, I'm just very happy."  

 "It's quite alright Y/n I understand," he chuckled. It made me smile... I think I finally understand him... Despite his stinginess and bitterness, he is compassionate and warm-hearted... A person couldn't see this at first glance; he had to be known in order to understand him.

~~~Time Skip~~~ 

The next day was a normal bright sunny day, you were waking up. You looked beside you to see that Tom seemed to have grown much more than he was before! He didn't seem to be the size of your palm anymore, but big enough as Timmy and Tommy! The spell was wearing off but a little too randomly. You turned red-faced to see Nook didn't seem to fit into the bed or the onesie... Or any of the clothes...

Y/n's POV 

I quickly got up and out of bed. "M-Mr. Nook!" I covered my face. He opened his eyes and immediately turned red. "OH MY!" He quickly covered himself. "I-Um...Let's get you some clothes!" I exclaimed as I ran over downstairs and got a towel. I wrapped him around the cloth as I looked away. We both panicked as I carried him outside to buy him clothing.

 "I'm sorry, Nook, but I can't find anything at home that fits you. We'll have to go to the Able Sisters for clothes. They must have something!" I ran to the Able sister's shop as fast as I could. I slammed open the doors of the shop. Mabel looked at us wide-eyed. "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YOU MR. NOOK???" Mabel exclaimed. "Haha! It's a long story really..." I look over at Nook who was completely flushed. "Here let me hold him for you while you browse the clothing!" Mabel said as she took Nook off my arms. "Thank you. Don't worry Mr. Nook, I'll be quick!" I said as I ran off to pick out some clothes. 

Meanwhile...

"How did you ever get trapped like this???" Mable asked as she held Nook. Sable looked over and panicked as well. "Tom? Is that you?" She walked over to Nook. "Ah well, it's really hard to explain..." Nook looked down. "Well tell us, Tom, what happened to you?" Mabel shook him.

"I-Its...Silly- I don't think I should..." Nook nodded. "Tom, this isn't normal. You can trust us, just tell us what happened," Sabel insisted. 

"Well...