Snowball fight! (Short Chap.)

The sun had just risen in T/n, everyone was getting ready for a new day at work, including the nooklings. But it seemed they didn't have work in their minds, instead, just outside their shop they carelessly played in the snow. 

Nook and the HHA crew were just arriving at 'Nook Homes' when they were attacked by both nooklings. Timmy and Tommy threw snowballs at the crew as they laughed. "What are you two doing here, now? Shouldn't you two be at work?" Nook chuckles. 

"Yes, but the snow is so fluffy in the morning!" Tommy giggles. 

"Yeah! It's fresh and smooth! Nobody has stepped on it or even touched it!" Timmy nods. 

"It was, until you both came along! Look at the snow now. It's scattered all over the place! Not to mention my uniform!" Lyle shakes his head in disappointment. 

The nooklings look down at their feet sadly, "I guess we kinda did ruin the snow..." Timmy scratches the back of his head. "Yeah..." Tommy sighs. 

"Don't listen to my uncle Lyle, boys. He is always grumpy before his morning coffee. I guess he just hasn't fully woken up yet." Lottie explains. 

Nook picks up some snow from the ground, "you know, the cold really helps you wake up in the morning, especially at this time of year when there is snow everywhere, yes, yes." 

"Maybe a little snow will help Lyle wake up a bit, if you know what I mean." Digby grins and nudges the nooklings on the shoulder. 

Nook and Lottie smile, "I get what you mean, Digs..." she nods and picks up a snowball. 

They all surround Lyle, each of them holding snow in their paws. Lyle backs away, confused. "Hey, hey- What are you guys gettin' at? Guys? GUYS! NOT MY UNIFORM!!" Lyle tries to cover himself. 

They mercilessly throw snowballs at Lyle. He picks up some snowballs himself and throws snow back at them. They begin to fall, Lyle's aim was perfect. He took down the entire crew. He proudly claps his hands together, "HA! You all missed! Not a hint of snow on my uniform!" He laughed until falling face-first into the snow. The crew laughed at him, even the nooklings laughed. Lyle grunts, "Fine, you got me! Happy now!?" 

They all keep on laughing until you show up, you approach them. Giggling, you say, "What are you guys doing here?" 

Nook quickly stands up from the snow and brushes himself off, "Er-! I'm just getting ready to open the shop, yes, yes!" 

You raise your eyebrow and smile, "Oh, is that so? Well, it looks like you've got some snow on you in the process." You say, wiping off the crumbs of snow on his nose. He blushes and fixates his eyes on you, "Ah, yes- We were just playing around. Nothing much!" 

"TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND TO BE MORE CAREFUL! THE GUY TRIED TO GET SNOW ON ME!" Lyle points at Nook.  

"I know it might seem unprofessional of me! But please, I can explain!" 

You cackle, "You were snowball fighting- WITHOUT ME!?"

Nook pauses, "You-... You don't think it's unprofessional?" 

You giggle, "There's nothing wrong with having a little fun! Besides, you look cute being all playful..."

He laughed sheepishly as his tail began to wag, "Why thank you..." 

The crew giggles. Lyle rolls his eyes, "WOULD YOU STOP FLIRTING AND OPEN THE STORE ALREADY?" 

You and Nook look back at Lyle, and smirk, "I have a better idea..." Nook smiles with you, "Anything..." 

"This isn't funny, you guys!" Lyle shouts as all of you bury Lyle into a snowman. 

"I don't know, it kinda is!" Lottie giggles. 

You all laughed together. "It's getting cold, isn't it? Let's go inside. It's much warmer there." Nook says and unlocks the shop. You and the rest walk inside, leaving Lyle in the snow. "Hey! What about me? Help me out! You guys!!! Come on!!!" Lyle wiggled but was stuck in the frozen snow. "YYYYYYYY/NNNNNNNN!" 

"Did you guys hear that?" You say, taking a sip of your hot tea.

"No, but do you care for more tea? It surely helps warm you up after a cold day." Nook nods. 

"Certainly!" You smile. 

You, the nooklings and the crew all sit cozily in the shop, not a worry in the world. Except for Lyle of course... Where is Lyle anyway? 

"I'M STILL HERE!"

Oh, right...