(xxxiii) numb

"what.. are you doing here"

a man in a suit stood before her. he had salt and pepper hair that fell over his face messily and piercing green eyes. his hands were covered by black gloves. there were subtle wrinkles on his face, a contrast to his lean, toned figure with well built arms.

"won't you greet your father?", he asked, his lips curling into an insincere smile.

very few things in y/n's life scared her. he was one of those things. and she had had an uneasy feeling ever since she triggered her power. she had hoped it wasn't him. she had hoped he was dead.

and yet, here he was.

"who are you"

"oh come on y/n don't be like that"

"shut up"

"i see you grew up to become a shaman", he continued, ignoring her words, "just like me huh. no wonder you're powerful."

"powerful enough to kill you", she said, her hands forming fists

"that may be the case", he laughed, adjusting his gloves, "you can kill me. but will you?"

"what do you want?", she asked, pretending she didn't hear his question.

she felt numb. saying that she was nervous was a massive understatement. she felt as if she was in no state to fight him if the situation presented itself.

her only option right now was to buy time to pull herself together. so she continued her conversation with him. that, however, was also a big mistake.

"i wanna... make amends", he said, his expression turning serious

"bullshit"

"that tactic won't work on you huh", he went back to laughing, "smart girl"

"what do you want", she repeated, "get to the point"

"i want you to do something for me"

"and why would i do anything for you?", she asked. she hoped he wouldn't notice her legs shaking slightly. she was slowly calming down but she needed more time.

"because without me, you wouldn't have your power"

"am i supposed to thank you for poisoning me?", she asked, "who do you even work for?"

"never mind who i work for", he shrugged it off, "you are an important piece of the puzzle"

"you can't coerce me into doing what you want.", she said, "and you don't seem dumb enough to think otherwise. so why would you randomly reveal that i'm a pawn in some elaborate game?"

"oh see, that's where you're wrong", he said, his eyes glimmering with excitement, "i can coerce you. i can coerce anyone into doing anything."

"okay lelouch"

"who?"

"oh my god you're even worse than i imagined"

slowly, she found her footing again. she could think more clearly. she was recovering from meeting someone for the first time in 18 years. someone who abandoned her.

"anyway as i was saying, i can coerce you into doing whatever i want. that's one reason i'm powerful."

"and what do you intend to make me do?", she asked.

"kill someone."

"that doesn't make sense", she shrugged, "why can't you just 'coerce' the target into killing themselves"

"come on, you're smart. you can figure out why.", he teased, "can't you?"

"why would he want me to kill someone? what kind of- oh fuck no"

"because you can't", she said, looking at him, "because they can resist you"

"bingo!", he clapped his hands, "and the only person strong enough to resist it would be..."

"satoru", she completed, "how do you..."

"how do i know?", he asked, "i was apprehensive. i wasn't sure if you loved him. because you reacted so quickly when i released a curse to kill that other guy"

"you mean kuroo", she said, "that was you?"

"see now you're getting it!", he cracked his knuckles, "good good, you inherited my intelligence"

"that's why you triggered the power.", she realised. now it all made sense. "to give me the potential to-"

"do you remember the word that triggered your power, y/n?", he asked

"kill", she recalled, a chill running up her spine, "it's- oh my god."

"you see, that's what makes you so perfect for this job", he said, "because you're the one he is most vulnerable around."

"what do you get out of satoru being dead?", she questioned

"money. a whole lot of money.", he shrugged, "for killing another member of the gojo family"

this had almost slipped y/n's mind. he had betrayed the gojo family all those years ago.

"why did you betray satoru's father?", she asked. he seemed very bitter. "weren't you both... friends?"

"money", he repeated, "it's crazy how money can buy you anything and anyone."

"but who would pay you to.. no", this day was full of realisations.

"yes."

"the zenin family"

"yes", he said, "that's how i kept track of you all these years actually. but you just had to misbehave and get yourself kicked out, didn't you?"

"so he knew how the zenin clan was treating me", she thought, learning what kind of man her father really was "and he didn't do anything about it"

"they put a roof over your head for ten years", he said simply, "that's enough to be grateful for"

"wow you never cared at all", she said in a dull tone, "and the only reason you even appeared is because you benefit from it"

"don't worry. at least, your life was meaningful. you get to kill the strongest shaman in the world yayyyy"

once again, y/n felt numb. it was one thing to meet her dad, a completely other thing to know he didn't bear an ounce of affection toward her.

and now he wanted to use her to kill the one person she loved. which she was capable of. she was strong enough to kill satoru when his infinity was off.

which it always was, around her.

she got some kind of closure from this conversation, but more pressing matters were at hand.

and yet, she couldn't get herself to kill him. she couldn't kill people in general. to be a sorcerer is to protect human lives. what kind of hypocrite would take them instead?

she couldn't move a muscle. it was too much to take in. information that she had sought for years was saddled onto her in a matter of minutes.

"i'll kill you", she fumed, staring at him. and it was so much easier said than done.

"y/n", he addressed, staring right back, "don't kill me, kill gojo satoru when he is at his most vulnerable around you."

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

vote if you liked the chapter <33

from the description y/n's dad is a dilf i said what i said.

this tied up a lot of loose ends i feel. sorry for bad pacing i guess.

summary: y/n has a deadbeat dad who wants to use her to kill gojo. obviously y'all must've guessed who he works for. and also he doesn't give a fuck about her lol.

(also pls watch code geass if you haven't. i love it so so much i feel like rewatching.)