(xxxiv) cursed

it was as if a switch clicked in her psyche.

the sun had set by the time she walked out of the building without a word. she didn't feel the urge to kill anyone. she merely felt a strong urge to see satoru.

she took her phone out, holding it to her ear.

hey baby

where are you satoru

in osaka

so when will i see you?

i told you before i left
i'll be back tomorrow
are you okay?

yes. of course.

you're being weird
i'm kinda busy right now so
i'll call you later

okay bye

bye i love you

she hung up.

satoru looked at his phone with a quizzical expression.

"she didn't say it back"

he didn't give it much of a thought, just went back into the meeting he was in.

"she's probably just busy"

-•-•-•-

"do you really think this will work?", a female voice addressed, " killing gojo satoru is not an ordinary feat"

"the situation we are in is a win-win", a gruff voice replied.

"how so?"

"if gojo satoru is killed, we will succeed"

"and?"

"if he isn't killed, the threat of l/n y/n will still be eliminated."

"eliminated?"

"allow me to explain"

-•-•-•-

the next day

gojo heard a knock on the door of his apartment. he looked through the camera, a small smile forming on his face when he saw that it was y/n.

"hi babe", he opened the door, expecting a hug but she walked right past him to enter his apartment.
"what-"

"hi satoru", she gave him a bright smile

"hey", he walked towards her, expecting a hug but she didn't know any signs of movement so he let it go.

"how was the meeting?", she asked, as he walked into the kitchen.

"ohhh boring", he shrugged. she sat down at his dining table. "hold on"

as satoru opened the fridge, it struck him. he took off the blindfold he was wearing. because something didn't feel right.

but then he came back out along with the candy he'd got for her and he saw her smile at him as she accepted it.

and any normal person would've had their doubts cleared at this. but satoru was the furthest thing from a normal person.

she took a few pieces out of the bag and ate as they chit chatted for a few minutes. she seemed normal, like she usually was.

satoru knew better. her cursed energy felt like it had been tampered with. he couldn't point out how, but it had.

and as always, his suspicions proved to be true.