(xxxviii) absolute chaos

manga spoilers (shibuya arc). guys please read the manga before reading this chapter, live through the pain, and then come back here and relive the pain ig.
.
.
.

gojo and y/n left as soon as they were informed of what was happening.

"kento senpai said they're already there"

"how come you call him senpai when i'm older than him?!", he gasped

"because i respect him"

"that's just rude", he whined

"this is not the time, satoru"

"don't you mean, this is not the time satoru senpai?"

"no"

"y/n babyyy"

"there's a", she said as they stopped a small distance off the station, "screen"

"go through", he said, "they definitely need your assistance"

"and you?", she asked

"i'll go through the other entrance", he replied, "i have a hunch"

"what...", she wanted to ask what he meant but they were far too pressed for time, so she just squeezed his hand, "don't be reckless"

"don't worry", he kissed the side of her head before beginning to walk in another direction. she nodded, taking a deep breath. "i'll see you later"

she went through the barrier around shibuya station to see that all hell had genuinely broken loose.

there were easily hundreds of civilians here right now, many of whom were deceased.

a grade 1 curse was attacking a number of people right in front of her. she exorcised quickly before moving on.

"y/n, is that you?", a familiar voice asked her and she sharply turned her head around

"naobito-sama", she said, nodding her head slightly even though the words alone left a bitter taste in her mouth.

the head of the zenin family, naobito zenin.

their interactions over the years had been limited. many degrading remarks from his end, about how her only job was either to fight for the zenin family or get married.

absolutely frustrating.

but she didn't have time to react to that either, so she continued trying to save civilians by fighting off curses.

"i wonder where satoru is"

"y/n senpai! a little help here!", another voice called out amidst the chaos.

a young jujutsu sorcerer called takuma ino. he was facing two opponents. both curse users, rather than actual curses.

"zenin y/n, huh", one of them remarked. an old lady, no less.

a curse user by the name ogami. she looked close to dropping dead any second, but y/n knew better than to underestimate her.

she had to tread lightly, because she had no idea what kind of cursed technique she sported. but then again, ogami had no idea of her fighting style either.

the incident with satoru had reduced her power, so she wasn't as strong as him anymore.

but she was probably confident enough to face an opponent without running away. what other choice did she have now anyway.

her eyes fell on the second opponent. a much younger one at that. she would find out later that he was actually ogami's grandson. and that he was much more important than her too.