Mother's Date

"What are you doing in the city mom?"

"Can't I see you anymore? I miss you Yuzu! You don't visit me anymore." Yuzu's mom whining, hugged her daughter.

Yuzu's mom, doesn't look like her age at all. A young, beautiful, kind and cheerful lady.

"I'm sorry mom I've been busy with work."

"Sigh. You always say that."

"Alright let me make up to you. How about we go out today? Let's not waste a good Sunday!"

Yuzu and her mom then went out. They went to the park and later to the mall.

"Yuzu check this dress out. This will definitely look good on you." Yuzu's mom said excitedly.

"Ughh. But I already tried everything!"

"Don't be such an old lady! I promise it will be the last one and we'll have lunch."

"You said that like a hundred times." Yuzu whined but took the dress and tried it anyway. It's a fancy backless red dress, Yuzu looked stunning. Her mom gasped when she got out of the dressing room.

"Oh. My Yuzu all grown up. I might cry."

Said her mom wiping her fake tear.

"Stop it mom you're embarrassing me! Im gona take this off before you start making me wear something else again."

They're having lunch in a restaurant. A small yet cozy place and it also has a mini bar counter. Yuzu and her mom took a seat and ordered.

"Here's your order. Enjoy!" the waitress smiled cheerfully.

"Miyako? Miyako Kodama??"

"Oh my gosh Okogi!"

"It's been a long time!"

"Oh, mom let me introduce to you Miyako. She's one of my friends from the university but at a different department."

Miyako Kodama has an air of cheerfulness and calmness at the same time. She has a brown hair and a gentle eyes and has the same height as Yuzu.

"Hello!" Yuzu's mom greeted with a smile.

"How long have you been working here? " asked Yuzu.

"Since I bought it! I saved my money from my past works and here I am."

"Wow so you own this place. It's an amazing achievement."

"Yeah, my wife is also working with me during her free time. She's a teacher."

"Miyako are you talking about me again?" a more light brown hair, tied in a bun and has a kind smile appeared at the owner's side.

"Hello. Im Riko Hakozaki, is this lady bothering your lunch?" pointing at her wife.

"Hey!" said Miyako pouting. "Alright I'll leave you guys so I can tend to others. We'll catch up some other time Okogi!"

"Yeah. Thank you for the delicious food!"
When Yuzu turned to her food she realized her mom is staring at her.

"What?"

"Nothing. They seemed so in love. How about you Yuzu when will you start dating again? Or is there someone?"

Yuzu choked at her food and start coughing.

"There. There." Her mom gave her water.

"You know it's not my priority yet mom."

"You're still young, you have a life ahead of you. Time is not much of a friend, start doing the things you want in life with no regret."

When they finished, they paid their bill and said goodbye to the couple promising to visit again.

When they were outside the restaurant, Yuzu bumped into the last person she expected to see.

"I'm sorry I didn't.. Mei." Forgetting her mom is with her, Yuzu recalled the intimate dream she had last night. She blushed at the thought.

"Hi." Mei, expressionless as ever.
Yuzu snapped when a girl appeared beside Mei.

"Oh, who is this beautiful friend of yours  Aihara?" said a blonde, tall guy, handsome as hell, he has ear piercing and rings on each hand.

'Definitely not a girl.'

"Uhm. Hi I'm Yuzu Okogi and this is my mom Ume."

"I'm Fan Gao. Pleasure to meet you!" to their surprise, Fan Gao took Yuzu's hand and kissed it. Yuzu blushed at the gesture while there's an annoyed look on Mei's eyes.

"I'm sorry for interrupting. We'll be on our way then." Said Mei. She looked at Yuzu's mom, and then lingered for a while on Yuzu's eyes, there's a meaning on it, but the blonde girl can't decipher.

"Bye Yuzu! Bye Yuzu's mom!"

"That boy sure is a gentleman, and so cute!"

"Mom!"

They finished the day, and then her mom said goodbye at the train station.

At the very top of a building next to the train station, Fan Gao sitting at the edge and Mei standing beside him, watching the blonde girl say goodbye to her mom.

"So she's the one that's getting you distracted. No wonder, she's gorgeous, high spirited, the total opposite of you. This will be interesting."

"She is none of your business Gao." Mei turned her back. "I don't want you interfering with my life. Let's go."