Here's Your Perfect

Mei approached her with furrowed brows. They were staring at each other for seconds only their eyes speaks.

"Hey." said Yuzu quietly.

Mei pushed a button on her car remote key and the door automatically opened. Mei didn't move and Yuzu took it as a signal. She gets in and they drove to the vampire's house, the car ride was silent. When they arrived, they went to the vampire's room without uttering a word and Yuzu took a sit on Mei's bed.

"Please say something." Yuzu was worried, the vampire was looking outside of her room over the city.

"Take your shirt off." The vampire without facing Yuzu, spoke with a hint of sadness in her voice

"I'm fine."

Mei finally faced her and her purple eyes were now red. Yuzu sighed and took her clothes off. The bruises were now a shade of violet, and some are turning green, the stitch on her torso was still there too.

"Mei. I..."

"Why do I always fail to protect you?" The vampire balled her fist.

"No. It's not like that, I... I wasn't careful." Yuzu doesn't like where this is going, she starts to panic.

"We can't keep going like this. I can't let them do this to you anymore." Mei lowered her head, she was so mad at herself for letting this happen. She feels useless, she talks a lot about protecting her but she can't always be there for her.

Yuzu tried to approach her and was about to take her hand when the words that she feared came out on the vampire's mouth.

"I am breaking up with you."

NOTE PLAY Here's Your Perfect by Jamie Miller

"What?" Yuzu was stunned by the words she heard.

Mei stayed silent.

"No." Yuzu shook her head and gulped. "No."

"This is not for you to decide Yuzu." Mei's temper was rising.

"And so are you! You can't say that just because I was hurt!" Yuzu complained.

"This is the only way I can really protect you. If you lose your connection with me..."

"You think it's that easy?! You said you love me so why won't you fight for me?"

"I wasn't thinking clearly back then." Mei furrowed her brows and the glass of water on the bedside table broke.

Yuzu's tears broke.

"How could you say that so easily? Am I that easy to let go, Mei?" She was shaking, she doesn't know if it's because of the anger, the sadness, or fear. "Tell me!"

"You know I only want what's best for you!"

"Please." Yuzu approached Mei. She held the vampire's shirt on her chest, clenched her fist and leaned her head on her shoulder. "Please don't leave me." Yuzu looked her in the eyes and pleaded. "Turn me."

"What?" surprised was an understatement with what the blonde said.

"We could be together, and... and I can fight them so you don't have to worry about me."

"You don't know what you're talking about Yuzu, this is a cursed life. I am not turning you into a monster." the vampire suppressed her tears. "Maybe... maybe..." she swallowed the lump in her throat, she can't give in, if she let her tears fall it's over. "In another life we could be together, peacefully, go on dates without expecting any monsters to show up."