Broken Spell

"Yuzu."

Mei got weak from not eating for several days.

"I don't know why I even have to do this just because you're not..." Yuzu stopped talking when Mei got up.

Even though she got thinner, her body is still worth drooling for, her four pack abs are showing and with her every move, the muscles on her hips are flexing. She caught the girl in front of her staring at her body.

"...eat ...eating." she looked anywhere except for the vampire with the body of a goddess in front of her. She immediately turned her back and head towards the door but stopped when she felt a hand on hers. She felt something familiar from the touch.

NOTE PLAY A Thousand Years by Christina Perri feat Steve Kazee

Everything went in slow motion when their hands touched, it was like the time stopped. She doesn't know what's happening and why did her heart felt like it's going to burst. She looked at Mei and their eyes met.

"Thank you." Mei smiled.

Despite her wounds and cuts all over her face and body, her beauty still stands out. Yuzu was confused as to why the prisoner's eyes was as gentle as cloud even though she was tortured. It still shows kindness and comfort. It was comforting her and Yuzu was mesmerized. Her body moved on its own, she doesn't know how and why she pulled the wounded vampire that's giving her a sense of familiarity.

Yuzu kissed Mei.

At first, the blonde was shocked of what she's done and had her eyes wide open, but it was like she felt and instant relief and that's when she closed her eyes and let the feeling sink in. The purple eyed vampire was surprised too but had her softest eyes for the girl who's clearly still had feelings for her even if her memory had been tampered. It just goes to show that there's still a chance, that she still had the chance to make everything right this time.

The blonde slowly opened her eyes and the moment her foot took a step back, she felt a sharp pain on her head, she felt like it's gonna split. A series of events and faces of people flashed inside her mind. Mei wanted to comfort the girl in front of her who's clearly in pain but she was afraid. Yuzu was on her knees clutching her head and groaning but after a minute, she calmed down.

"Yu... Yuzu?" Mei was worried and when the blonde heard her voice, she instantly looked up. Her vision was slightly blurred at first but then it cleared up in seconds and she was now staring straight to Mei's purple teary eyes.

"Mei?" asked a confused Yuzu.

Mei couldn't talk, she didn't know if it's fear of being disappointed or hopefulness. Did she really recognize her this time? Did she break the spell that's been cast on her? She got her answer when Yuzu stood up and run towards her arms, Mei's tears fell. Eyes wide in shock, she felt like she was dreaming, when she knew she isn't, she finally let herself fall into the arms of the woman she loves so much.

"I've been waiting for you." Mei held her tight.

Yuzu was the first one to push her gently and took a look at her state.

"What... what happened? Did I...?" Yuzu took a step further but Mei caught up and held the scared blonde on her arms.

"You didn't. It's okay." Mei leaned her head on Yuzu's shoulder. "I'm sorry Yuzu, this is all my fault."

"Please... don't ever leave me again, ever." Yuzu felt a tear on her cheek.

Mei felt something, the room is getting smaller.

"This room has traps and enchantments, we can't escape here easily. Your power won't work here because this room was made especially for your ability." Yuzu looked for weak spots on the room but she couldn't find any, she tried to smash the walls using her lightning and strength but there's not even a scratch on it.

"Damn it." the blonde cursed.

The room's size was now nearly in half and nothing they do works. They felt something coming from the other side of the wall. Pieces of rock are coming out of it. Mei pulled Yuzu away from where it's coming from and cover her with her body. The wall broke with a loud bang and instant relief was felt when Mei saw who it was.

"Mei! Yuzu! This way!" Gao shouted.

Mei was the last one to come out but she was struggling to move, her strength was depleted, her vision got blurry but right before she fainted, Yuzu caught her and that was the last thing she saw.

Mei woke up in her room with a sleeping Yuzu on the couch. Everything still feels like a dream, from Yuzu being alive to the spell being broken and getting her memory back. She tried to sit but she felt the pain on her torso, surprisingly, it wasn't as painful as before.

"Mei, You're awake!" Gao said walking closer to her bed, behind him is doctor Mel Sievers. "You were out for days."

"I haven't eaten anything nor did I once sleep when they captured me." she can't take her eyes off of the blonde who's still sleeping serenely on the couch.

"Yuzu was worried sick, we needed to find a rare medicine for your wound to heal and she insisted on finding it. She just found it yesterday outside of the city in a black market." said Sievers, all of them looking at the sleeping vampire.

"How did you find me?" asked Mei.

"I was actually hunting that day and I heard a thought nearby, I followed it and I saw Yuzu without her hood. Gao told me a while back that he can't locate you and also told me some details that was happening." Sievers explained. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, nothing unusual."

"Where did you get that wound anyway?" Sievers asked and the purple eyed vampire explained what happened.   

"That explains, those kinds of weapons are good for one time use only and is made of a special material specifically for vampires. But wherever did they get one? That's a very rare weapon." Sievers looked at her watch. "I have to go back to the hospital, my shift's going to start soon. Don't strain yourself too much Mei, you still need to rest."

"Thank you, Doctor Sievers." Mei said.

"Don't mention it. If it wasn't for you my wife could've been dead." the doctor said her goodbye and went on her way.