20 Back to the Headquarters

Yuzu stayed the whole day at the vampire's house, Mei was called to the hospital because of an emergency. It was five in the afternoon when she got home. Yuzu wearing Mei's white long sleeve polo and only in her underwear, was out on the balcony and in deep thought that she didn't notice her girlfriend was watching her from the doorframe. Mei doesn't want to know what's going on inside her girlfriend's mind but she can feel Yuzu's grievance in her heart. She moved closer and hug her from behind, Yuzu turned around and faced her vampire, her hands on her lover's neck, and Mei's on her waist.

"How are you feeling?" Mei looked at her softly and leaned her forehead on the blonde's.

"Better that you're here."

"Did you eat?"

Yuzu shook her head.

"Come, let's go downstairs, I'll make you something." The vampire untangled herself and held her hand guiding her to the kitchen.

"Aren't you tired?"

"Not for you." Mei held her hand tighter.

She made a fruit bowl consisted of strawberries, dragon fruit, watermelon and kiwi with yoghurt. She watched Yuzu carefully as she eats, studying every detail of her face, she's beautiful in every way from her naturally wavy blonde hair, small but perfect nose, cupid's bow lips, her emerald green eyes shows grievance, to her ears each with two piercings.

"When Harumi gained her consciousness, she instantly thought of you and ran back. You're the reason why she got her memory back." Yuzu sat still, listening. "She's in love with you."

*Flashback

Harumi draws her sword and attacked Mei, she jumped backwards to dodge, but Harumi was faster and swung her sword, a small cut made its way to Mei's arm. She kept on attacking the purple eyed vampire without hesitation, Mei haven't recovered yet due to her recent transformation so she can't keep up. Harumi caught her off guard once more and kick her to the ground. She walked towards Mei and ready to swing her sword when she heard a familiar voice. Yuzu's scream enveloped her mind, a terrible headache hit her and slowly, with the help of the girl she secretly loves, she regained her consciousness.

"Yuzu. Fuck. What the hell am I doing here?" They heard another scream and they both jumped and ran back to where the other two are.

"You're in love with Yuzu." said Mei while running.

"So, what if I am?" said Harumi. "If you failed to protect her, I'm gonna take her from you."

Yuzu finished her bowl and didn't say anything. Honestly, what else can she say.

Yuzu sweating, woke up again with a nightmare. Mei, sat on the corner, who had her book on her lap, was looking at her with a worried expression. She got up and gave Yuzu a glass of water which she drank. This has been going for days now. Mei sat beside Yuzu.

"I don't know what to do to make it go away. I'm sorry." Mei lowered her head, but Yuzu took her hand.

"I'll be fine. I'm going to the headquarters early tomorrow. I've been away for long."

"Are you sure? I can send them more medical papers if you need more rest."

"I'm okay, besides, stop spoiling me, it makes me want to give up my job and live as a housewife." Yuzu jokingly said.

"Do you want to? I can give you everything and live wherever you want." There wasn't a hint of joke in her tone.

"Woah. Woah. Easy there, I was kidding!" Yuzu laughed softly.