Circumstances

"So, she's the closest to her?"

"Yes, master. The one she values the most."

"Let's test it. Shall we?"

"Who shall I send, master?"

It's been 3 weeks and there's no sign of Mei and Yuzu wasn't able to contact her, she's been looking for Gao for the hopes that maybe he has an idea what was happening to her vampire but there's no sign of him either. She asks herself, everything that happened, was it just a dream?

"Okogi, I'm transferring you for a while to another case. I'll let Sayaka handle the vampire case until this one is finished, there aren't new incidents anyway."

Yuzu was surprised at the immediate transfer, relieved and at the same time worried because someone might expose Mei's kind. Before she can answer, the red-haired boss explained.

"Your new mission is the Yakuza. Taniguchi will have to be transferred on another mission, it's getting bothersome so we need to deal with it ASAP."

"Tonight, I want you to go to a certain place and take a look at the suspicious business that's been happening there, it's the gang's place, where they've been doing their transactions illegally. You work alone this time, all you need to do is scout, see what they are up to. I'll give you the address."

"Yes boss." Yuzu was on her feet and headed to the door when Rouxi called her.

"Okogi."

The blonde looked at her red-haired boss, their stares lingered for seconds.

"Be prepared."

The blonde thought that this new case may help her take her mind off of Mei, so she went home and prepare for her mission. She was wearing an all-black outfit, including black fighter gloves, black mask that covers her nose to her neck making her hard to be seen by the enemies, her hair on a ponytail. She carries with her at her back, an assault rifle with scope, pistol on her waist and her knife on her leg. It's 11 in the evening when she went to the address her boss gave her, she took her motorcycle and drove away into the night. Clouds start to block the sky, the full moon, now only half can be seen. She stopped from a higher ground covered in trees, a few meters away from an unpainted double story house surrounded by a stone fence. The location wasn't that far from the city and it's near the ocean, at the back of the house there's a dock and a small boat. Yuzu got in position, lying down with her stomach, her rifle in her hands, she looked through its scope. There's a dim light that was coming from what looks like the living room but there's no sign of movement. After looking thoroughly for any sign, she decided to get closer. She moves with stealth, making no sound of footsteps. She climbed at the darkest part of the fence and landed on the side of the house.

It was weird...

It was so quiet, she imagined there would be at least 8 people when Rouxi briefed her about the mission.

She looked through the window carefully, it's the kitchen but again, it's empty. She went around and found an open window and what she saw made her eyes wide open, heart shattered, there's a girl covered in blood that looks like Mei. She didn't waste any second and without thinking, rushed to the girl to make sure that it really was her.

'No... no...'

She dropped on her knees, removed her mask, and carefully, slowly, she attempted to touch her love that was wounded all over her body.

"Mei..." Yuzu's voice was shaking and tears threatening to fall.

"I knew you would come. Yuzu Okogi." A pink haired small girl wearing a jacket over what looks like a school uniform was sitting on the 2nd floor's railings watching her. She had a bored expression, small voice like her figure, a headphone on her ears.