The Vampire's Lair

Yuzu woke up alone in an unfamiliar room. It was dark, her eyes wandered to a digital clock, 1:07. She tried to get up but her rib is still in pain. She stubbornly and carefully got up and looked at herself in the big mirror she found. She's just wearing her underwear and a white long sleeve polo with the upper button unbuttoned showing a bit of her cleavage. She unbuttoned it completely and examined her body. Her torso is already bandaged, there's a slight bruise in her wrist and right leg. Little did she know that a set of purple eyes are observing her every move since she woke up.

"How are you feeling?"

"Shit!" said Yuzu surprised and winced in pain.

When she was about to fall, Mei caught her in a flash.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry."

Their eyes met, their face is an inch close, one move and they would have kissed. Yuzu snapped out.

"I..it's okay it's just I didn't see you because it's dark."

"You should rest some more. Are you hungry?"

"N..no I'm okay thanks."

"You have questions."

'Can she read minds too?'

Mei was silent.

"Where are we?" Yuzu starts.

"This is my home."

Mei's house is in a higher place just outside the city. The front, views the city, and the back is a forest. It's a sophisticated house with all large glass windows on the second floor where Mei's room is located. The vampire's room has the city light view. It has a queen size bed, and under it is a grey carpet, the floor looks like an expensive wood but grey in color and well polished. There's also a black bookshelf on the corner and a coffee table with two black armchairs.

"Do you live here alone or are you with others?"

"I live alone."

"So..so.. vampires, is it really.. are you really? And .. and the guy that attacked me? Aw!"

Mei helped her sit on the bed.

"You shouldn't strain yourself."

The vampire sat on one of the armchairs, facing Yuzu.

"We are real. Of course there are also good and bad vampires. Blood of a human can heal us and make us stronger, but we could also eat regular human foods although it's not as satisfying as blood."

Mei stood and admired the view of the city emitting lights on her room.

"My kind don't drink blood, only if it is necessary. We are blending in and go on with our lives just like regular human beings. We don't expose ourselves for we don't want to be seen as monsters."

Yuzu is staring on the vampire the whole time, examining her features. The vampire's eyes are with the hint of sadness, her purple eyes is starting to be a weakness for the blonde girl. Her long jet black hair that complements her eyes. Her lips so soft. Her smooth skin. A body to die for.

"I've been following you since the night that I saw you at the club."

"Wait. So you were really there that day, at the abandoned parking lot?"

"Yes. I like watching you when you're fighting or in a mission. It.. excites me." There's a sudden glimmer on the vampire's eyes.

"You left me at the club that night."

"There was something I needed to do. I was following you when you went home. I needed to make sure you're safe."

Mei faced Yuzu and cupped her face.

"Yuzu.."

"Yes?" The blonde whispered while getting lost in the vampire's gaze

"You.. are my mate."