Chapter Twenty

*Harry's POV*

From Darla: Hey, it's Darla. I have a favour to ask of you. :)

To Darla: And what would that be?

From Darla: I wanted to know if you would come get coffee with me in the cafeteria, so that we can talk.

To Darla: Sure, just let me tell my boyfriend so he doesn't make plans for anything. I'll meet you there in five. See ya :)

To Louis: Hey, just letting you know that I'm getting coffee with a friend. I'll see you later, alright?

From Louis: Are you.. are you cheating on me? :P

To Louis: Yup, I was hoping you wouldn't catch me.

From Louis: Have fun on your date. xD

To Louis: She's just a friend lol 

From Louis: haha I love you. ♥ Have fun :)

To Louis: Love you, too ♥

I locked my phone and grabbed my coat, now heading out of the door. It didn't take me long to get to the cafeteria, for I have gotten used to walking at a fast pace when I meet Lou there. I could see Darla sitting inside through the window. I walked inside, ordered a strong brewed coffee and sat down with Darla.

"Hey!" She pipped up, her eyes still glued to her laptop. She looked different today. Her hair was up and she was wearing make-up. I guess finding her bleeding and crying in the bathroom gave me a bad impression of what she normally looks like.

"Hey. How are you?"

"I'm well, thanks. What about you?"

"I'm doing alright. What did you want to talk about?"

She bit her lip and soon decided to speak. "I want you to know that I get this feeling that I can trust you, so what I tell you stays between us. Understood?"

"Of course. I would expect the same from you," I said honestly. Not that I am having any problems at the moment, but if I were to tell her about any that I had, I'd expect her to keep quiet unless I am in danger. "I want you to know that I am and always will be here for you. You are important and you deserve to feel that way."

She brought her fingers to her lips and looked at me, the placed her hand over mine. " Thank you so much. Nobody has ever said that to me," she said, stroking her thumb over my hand. She pulled away, and continued typing away at her computer. 

"You should be told more often. So, what would you like to share with me?"

"For now, I'll tell you a bit about how I grew up. My mother died of breast cancer and my sister and I were left with my drunk, abusive father. I cleaned, I took care of my sister, I did everything. My dad would come home from work, scream at me, get drunk, bash his bottles on my head. It was awful. I took all of this pain so that Darcy, my sister, wouldn't have to. My father would abuse me physically and sexually and I had to accept it at the time, to save Darcy. I now work one job, attend college, and have to fight for Darcy's life. She is still 16 and living with the piece of shit."

"I only have a few things to say to that."

"Make it quick because I've got work in half an hour," she said. Why have coffee with me now if you've got work? Whatever her reason, I don't care because she needs me.

"Can she drive?"

"Yes."

"Does she have a job?"

"Yeah."

"And does he abuse her? Do you have proof?"

"Take one look at her bruises and you tell me."

"Have her emancipated. She will no longer have to deal with him. She will be in your care."

She started to gather her things. 'That is actually a really good idea. I'll have to talk to her about it. She's still scared."

"I bet. You take care, alright. Text or call me if you need me."

"Will do. Have a good day. Bye," she said and quickly trotted out of the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took me so long to update! I have to juggle school and three books! I'm doing my best guys!

Also, 5K OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HOLY COWWWWWWW OKAY WOOOAH

Thank you guys so much for helping me reach 5K

QOTD: Are you excited for the next 20 chapters?

My answer: I am so excited to write them! I will be taking a break from this book to plan the next 20 chaps! That could take me from an hour to a week. I guess we will have to see. ;)

♥♥♥Remember, votes and comments encourage me to write!♥♥♥

ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO SEND IN A REQUEST FOR MY IMAGINES BOOK. I UPDATE IN AN ORDER AND NEED REQUESTS IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THEM!

VOTE

COMMENT

MESSAGE ME

THANK YOU ♥

-Banana