CHAPTER 1

STARTED TO WALK ALONE

"Who is the Father of Political Science?"

The four corners of the mediocre classroom filled with the deafening silence. It was fragile, hence no one dare to break it. Ang kaninang mga estudyante na tila mga palakang nauulanan sa sobrang ingay, ngayo'y nagmistulang mga pipi. Kanya-kanya pang nagsipag-iwasan ng tingin sa kanilang guro dahil sa takot na tawagin nito. May gawing kaliwa, kanan, at ang iba naman ay nagsiyuko.

"What now?" Mrs. Hemady-their professor exclaimed. "Where's you're brain? Did your mouth ate all your own brain? Huh! You are all good at ranting but here in class your such a spoon feed!" Her voice roamed akin to a thunder in our both ears. Her eyes are now furrowed, her eyebrow are now in raise, and she's absolutely ferocious.

"WHO IS THE FATHER OF POLITICAL SCIENCE?"

"Mama mo Father ng Political Science," someone on the back jested in silent but some of his classmates heard it white and clear causing them to burst into laughter.

Ang nakataas nang kilay ng kanilang guro ay mas lalong tumaas at kulang na lang ay umusok ang ilong nito dahil sa galit habang ang ilang estudyante sa kanyang klase ay humagikhik.

"And now some of you are now laughing. Does my question to all of you is a piece of joke?" galit itong lumakad papunta sa gawing likod. Agad nagsihinto ang mga estudyanteng tumatawa at muling nag-iwas ng tingin sa nasabing guro.

There, she was one if it. She bit the bottom of her lips to refrain herself from laughing and averted her gaze away like her classmates did.

'Mahirap nang mabalingan ng galit, 'no.' She said at the back of her head.

At first, she pondered that her prof will just pass by, however her heart beat stop as it was stop beside her chair. Tinapunan siya nito ng tingin bago ang iba na ngayon ay tameme na naman.

"Why did you stop? I'm already here, I want to here your joke. Spill it out," low but full of conviction their prof said.

"No one want to share it? Then WHO IS THE FATHER OF POLITICAL SCIE-"

"Ma'am." Before Mrs. Hemady finish her word, one of the her student cut her. A guy with his unusual facial expression raise his hand and eventually stood up. Gulat na napatingin ang lahat dito. They never expected that someone like that guy, know the answer. A notorious playboy and known for being mischievous in their room.

Even its kiths expressed awe. Their lips form into 'o' and threw him a disbelief look.

"Yes, Mr. Dizon? Do you know the answer in my question?"

"Ahm. . . Ma'am, may I go out? I need to pee," saad ng kaniyang lalaking kaklase habang nakahawak sa harapan nito. Hindi na nga ito mapakali sa kaniyang kinatatayuan.

Hindi pa nga nakakapagsalita si Ma'am Hemady nang tumalima na ito palabas.

The room filled suddenly with hooths of laughter. But when they noticed the eerie of Mrs. Hemady, they cease on laughing in unison.

The atmosphere a while ago back to its course. Muling tumahimik ang apat na sulok ng silid-aralan na animo'y may dumaang anghel. Habang siya'y nagpipigil pa rin ng tawa. Ngunit natigil ito ng tuluyan ng magdeklara ng mahabang pagsusulit ang kanilang guro.

At ang pinaka-una nitong tanong ay. . . Who is the father of political science?

"GRABE dumugo 'yong utak ko sa long quiz natin," exaggerated na komento ng isa niyang kaklase habang nag-i-stretch ng leeg.

"We? Talaga? May utak ka?" her friend jested. The former hit her friend and it was end in fighting- in jested way.