✮ A Bloodlusting Romance ✮ (Damon Salvatore) The Deal

"Running, always running." I teased Elena as I jogged up beside her, "Aren't you tired of it?"

I kept up with Elena's pace easily as we ran through the town. Her breaths were shallow and ragged. Pink tinted her cheeks as the morning air nipped at her. She glanced at me, rolling her eyes.

"Not all of us are unnaturally fast. Some of us actually have to work for it."

Elena pushed faster, there was only a little while left before we reached the end of our run route. Twigs snapped beneath our feet as birds chirped overhead. Abruptly, Elena stopped and placed her hands on her knees.

Her eyes were wide as she bent over to try and regain her lost breath. I almost felt bad as I stood there beside her perfectly fine. Her gasped slowed as a minute or so past and then she checked her watch- the one I had gotten her for Christmas years ago.

I heard fast footsteps approaching and turned to see a man with a hood on running towards us. I didn't recognize the man. I poked Elena and nudged her to start running again. Glancing over my shoulder I saw him continue his run towards the two of us.

Elena began to run and I instantly followed. The guy's eyes were dead set on us, and I didn't like it. You couldn't really trust anyone in this town. Just a normal guy running, I tried to convince myself. But this was Mystic Falls. Nothing was normal.

Elena noticed the man's presence soon and kept glancing over her shoulder slowing her down. Her eyes were alarmed and frantic. She definitely didn't try to hide it either.

"Elena pick up the pace." I hissed under my breath, "We're gonna try and lose him."

She nodded and pushed faster, I could tell it was taking a toll on her but she would have to deal. We took a quick right down a side street in an attempt to lose him. I noticed we didn't when I looked over my shoulder once again.

I grit my teeth. I didn't feel like getting in a fight right now, not this early at least. The last thing I needed to do was loose my temper or do something I might regret. But sometimes... I don't always do the right thing.

I stopped abruptly and turned around. This ended right now. I crossed my arms and waited for him to come around the corner and approach me. But he didn't.

Furrowing my brows I turned around to see Elena gone, she was still running her hardest probably. Hadn't she realized that I had stopped?

Glancing one more time at the street corner, I then took off in the direction Elena had gone. Only this time I ran faster than I was supposed to in public.

After a moment I saw Elena standing there bewildered. Her back was to me. Casually I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around quickly and held up a fist. I raised a brow.

"Umm... are you OK?"

"That man, he showed up in front of me." Elena explained gesturing around wildly, "I don't know how he got ahead of me but he did-."