✮ A Bloodlusting Romance ✮ (Damon Salvatore) Face to Face

Chapter 5

NOTE : I changed something but I'm not wording it in the story. When the clock in the gym is set for Stefan it was 20 minutes in the show. For my story it's going to be 3 hours. So that it plays out the way I want it. Hopefully that's okay.

Damon had taken over for driving from Katherine while we listened to her occasionally for directions. It was probably a very stupid decision on our part to listen to her and even join her on this little road trip. But I knew that if we had said no, Katherine wouldn't have given up until we changed our minds.

Katherine sat in the backseat, myself in the passengers. My chair kept moving though because my chair was the one that my sister's 'twin' had chosen to hang on to and tap on when she was bored. Nothing new there.

"Are you guys hungry?" Katherine piped up, her eyes humorous, "Or as Electra says- a truck stop. A trucker." She winked at me.

My thoughts drifted back to when the two of us had been following Klaus for the summer. I had said that before. I couldn't help but crack a small grin.

Damon said sarcastically, "Oh, stop being cute."

"It's not possible." Katherine disagreed.

"I saw that coming." I sighed.

 I knew that Katherine was going to have some sort of witty come back for Damon. She always did, no matter the situation.

"We've been driving around aimlessly for hours." Damon groaned gripping the steering wheel tight. I had a feeling being kept in a car with your girlfriend and ex wasn't the best place to be for him.

I looked back at Katherine, "Yeah, where are we going?"

"Lec, don't get all temperamental on me now- you know I have my reasons." I narrowed my eyes slightly at the nickname, "And we are going far enough away so that the two of you can't go running back. You'll thank me later."

"And why exactly do you not want us able to go back?"

Katherine smirked, "Nothing slips past you."

I didn't reply knowing that she wasn't going to give any more information. She had something planned, and I didn't like being left out of the loop. Whatever it was it had to be big. I just couldn't figure out what yet.

"I'll play your little game, Katherine." I smirked at her, lying through my teeth, "And besides I need to get away from my sister for a bit."

"I told you Elena was a bore."

Damon nodded his head slowly, "Lets just say that Elena is having a different opinion than us on how we should behave."

"Ohh.. So I'm guessing neither of you like to play hero for her?" Katherine asked.

"Something like that." I agreed.

Although in my case it wasn't completely just that statement, but it was enough to shut her up. For me, it was because I slipped up. I had a feeling that it bothered Elena that she couldn't help me learn control. I mean I see where she's coming from- she had been helping me with everything she could ever since we were born. It was her natural instinct.

Katherine's voice dropped low, "Her loss."

Glancing over at her, I saw that the slut was leaning her body close to Damon. Her lips brushing against his ear as she whispered. I clenched my teeth, feeling anger and jealousy ignite inside of me. He wasn't her toy any more.

Impulsively I pushed Katherine away and I grasped Damon's face as softly as I could but I was angry so it was a bit more aggressive than I liked. I turned his face towards me and then captured his lips with my own. The car was fine without a driver for a few moments.