✮ A Bloodlusting Romance ✮ (Damon Salvatore) Broken

"Well look who finally decided to show up." Elena hissed. I shot her an annoyed look, standing between her and Meredith Fell. I looked through the glass at Alaric who was laying down on a MRI table. "It's nice to know that you care once and a while, Electra."

            "Of course I care, Elena." I narrowed my eyes.

            "Then how come you're out with Damon and Stefan all night, while Alaric could possibly be murdering people."

            "Is that what this is about?" I asked, crossing my arms, "Me spending time with the Salvatore brothers?"

            Elena scoffed, "No. It's about you allowing him to feed on human blood." she said under her breath knowing I'd hear, "I thought you were mad at Damon."

            "I was mad at you too, but it looks like that didn't last long either." Elena opened her mouth to retort when Doctor Fell cut us off.

            "Enough." She rubbed her temples, "I'm trying to concentrate and that's difficult with the two of you bickering."

            I silently cursed her out before turning back to the glass window. Alaric's breathing was uneven from nerves as he lay there awaiting the machine to turn on. Meredith looked over Alaric's vitals on the screen in front of her, marking things onto her clipboard.

            "What are you looking for exactly?" I asked.

            "I don’t know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it’s medical, I can treat it." Meredith concluded, furrowing her brows.

            "And if it’s not?" My sister spoke up.

            Meredith sighed, "Well, then we’ll deal with that too."

            I watched as a technician slid Alaric inside the machine. Alaric's heart beat increased slightly as he tried to remain still. I felt bad for him. He was only human, he didn't deserve this.

            "So, doctor," Meredith looked at me, "When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?"

            "I see you've come to terms with the truth." She nodded at me. I rolled my eyes. Alaric and I were both murderers according to her.

            I pursed my lips, "I suppose."

            "It was after he told me about his ring." Meredith began to explain, "I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don’t know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies."