✮ A Bloodlusting Romance ✮ (Damon Salvatore) The Hybrid

Chapter 2

“I’m sorry about Andy.”

I let this little white lie slip from my mouth for Damon’s benefit. I was helping him take down all of the news clippings and numerous sticky notes he had on the closet door for tracking Stefan and Klaus.

Turns out Stefan killed Andy, last night. I- personally had already come to conclusions on why he did it. Stefan didn’t want Damon and Elena to follow him. So he was trying to piss Damon off just enough so he would loose interest in helping his brother.

At the moment, I was almost positive that Stefan’s plan had succeeded.

“It’s not your fault.” He kissed the top of my head before turning his neck to look at his television as a news reporter was talking about Andy’s death. I knew he was hurting, he had lost another friend. Like Rose.

I then picked up footsteps with my sensitive hearing, I rolled my eyes. I didn’t even bother to turn around.

“Back so soon, Lena?” I asked with a smirk as I ripped another clipping off, “I thought you wouldn’t be coming back here after last night.”

“Shut up.” Elena scowled before looking at Damon, “You have been dodging my calls.”

“Yeah, busy day with the dead Andy thing and all.” Damon replied with a hint of bitterness.

Elena sighed, “Why didn’t either of you tell me?”

“For one, Elena- I didn’t actually become aware until this morning. And two- what was Damon supposed to do? Be all like, ‘Hey Elena, your crazy boyfriend Stefan killed her- oh and Happy Birthday cakes’ on the table’?”

“He called me, Electra.”

I stopped ripping off the newspaper at once.  I froze.

“What?”

“Stefan called me last night.”

I furrowed my brows and pursed my lips. No- he wouldn’t do that? It was too risky. After he made me promise that I would do my best of keeping Elena and Damon away from him. Would he really practically blow his cover?

Damon spoke up, “Well, what’d he say?”

“He- uh, he didn’t say anything.” She replied sounding somewhat unsure herself before her tone became firmer, more believable, “But it was him. I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call’s origin. It came from Tennessee.”

“So what Elena?” I snapped, thinking of my promise, “Stefan isn’t Stefan. He’s probably draining a whole town down in Tennessee.”

Damon nodded in agreement, “We’ve been over this. Stefan’s gone, and I don’t mean geographically.”