✮ A Bloodlusting Romance ✮ (Damon Salvatore) Listen To Your Heart

CHAPTER SONG : Listen To Your Heart

MYSTIC FALLS, 1912

            The town square's clock sang as another hour passed. It was a cold winter night in Virginia, and everyone was asleep except for Mystic Fall's heroes. The founders had held a late meeting as always. The type of business they discussed could not carry around the small town, it would horrify the residents.

             Two men unaccompanied exited the hall, fixing their jackets. The men's eyes were droopy and tired from a long meeting tonight. One of which was the sheriff, he rubbed his hand over his face.

            "Will you get home alright, Mr. Salvatore?" The sheriff inquired the other man, "I can send for one of the police vehicles."

            Zachariah Salvatore shook his head, "Oh, a winter chill never hurt anyone, Sheriff Forbes."

            "I’m less concerned about the cold front, more for your safety." Zachariah waved him off.

            "One council men’s murder doesn’t make an epidemic, Gerald. Good night."

            Sheriff Forbes sighed, "Good night."

            Zachariah left the sheriff's side and walked across the square. His breath came out raggedly as the cold nipped at his nose. The man remained fearless as he shuffled on home.

            Suddenly a noise startled the Salvatore, making his eyes widen. Pain filled his eyes as he looked down to see blood seeping through his shirt. He had been stabbed, and by who that was unknown.

            Zachariah Salvatore fell to the ground dead on that winter night.

~*~*~

Electra's POV

            "I see I'm number one on your call list again." I entered the police station rolling my eyes.

            Damon sighed at my attitude, "You don't seem very happy about that."

            "Should I be?" I asked him, keeping my voice low, "I'm still not a hundred-percent over what has happened the past few weeks. Just because my emotions are back on doesn't mean that all is forgiven."

            "You forgave Elena."

            "She's my sister."

            "So?" Damon raised a brow.

            "So, it's different, Damon. I can't just hate her forever." I attempted to explain but from the look in his eyes, he wasn't getting it. "I'm trying to blame it all on the stupid curse and not the fact that she might have feelings for you."

            Damon stared at me, "And you're not making an exception for me, why?"

            "You slept with Rebekah." I sounded out every syllable, "Sorry, but that's going to take some getting over. You didn't have to do that."

            "No, and I'll admit that it was a stupid plan."

            "Well at least you're learning." I spat.

            Damon smirked, as he cooed, "Awe. We're having a lovers spat already? Cute."

            I wanted to slap that look off his face so badly, but we weren't alone. Officers ran to and from their offices retrieving coffee and paper work. I don't think I would be able to get out of that one, they'd probably try to get me for domestic abuse or something.