29

Who is excited?!

I know I am!

Happy reading, guys :D And don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!

CHAPTER 29

"Dylan and I are not dating."

"My dad wants me to pursue music." He said at the same time. It took us a second to realise what the other said.

"WHAT?"

"Nothing. Tell me about your dad." I said, losing the courage to tell him anything.

"No, tell me what you were saying. I am not sure if I heard it correctly." He urged.

"If you heard about Dylan, you are wrong." I slipped out, shit. I tried covering up. "What happened with your dad?"

"What happened with Dylan?"

"About your dad first." I insisted.

"No, about Dylan."

"Drake, come on! Take your break when the place is less filled." A third voice called.

"Austin, give me a second." He said and turned to me. "I'll see you at the rooftop?"

"No, you won't. I'll be back when your shift ends." I informed, getting up.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere."

"Take an umbrella, it's getting unusually cloudy." I shook my head and headed towards my old home. Walking into the park in front of the house, I noticed a couple get out of the adjacent house. I broke into a run and wanted to reach them as fast as I could. Cole's parents- who raised me as much as they raised him.

Their eyes widened before sparkling with joy as they saw me.

"Astrid! It's been so long!" His mom, Lisa, exclaimed as she stepped forward to hug me.

"Yeah, it is so good to see you both. How are you?"

"Great now that you're here. Come inside, will you?" Peter welcomed me, unlocking the door.

"No, no, I can come back later. You guys were leaving."

"Rubbish, we can always go a little later. We are seeing you after what- eight months?" Lisa said, pulling me inside.

"I bought cake yesterday, let's talk while devouring it." Peter said enthusiastically, licking his lips. His wife chuckled.

"So many years of marriage, yet I am pretty sure he loves cake more than he loves me."

"True." He agreed jokingly as he placed the cake on the table as we settled in. The time passed by in a blur as we caught up. I bid them a 'see you later' and left for the café.

I might have reached a little late because I found Drake standing outside, leaning against the wall. He pushed away from the wall and joined me as soon as he noticed my arrival.

"Thank you for waiting."

"Anytime. So now do you want to talk?" Drake began as we started walking away from the café.

"Tell me about what happened with your dad, then we can discuss rest later." I offered. He nodded and started-

"Things had been a little strained lately at home. Dad came back last night from a wedding of a close relative and seemed a little different. I was about to leave for the café when he stopped me. He said that he had nothing against my interest in music and he would never want me and Ryan to face what he and his sister did."