05

CHAPTER 5

I woke up with a smile. I had a nice time with Drake last night even though we didn't talk much. Trying to get out of my tangled bed sheets, I felt my body hit the ground.

"Ouch!" I groaned, "Just the right way to start a day."

Freshly getting out of the shower, I saw 7 missed calls from Taylor and then the time. Shoot, I cursed! Only five minutes were left until the classes started. Grabbing my bag and skateboard, I rushed down the stairs.

I had reached the parking lot when I heard the bell go off. I was in no condition to even walk through the parking lot if I didn't want to get detention for being late. the consequences of that followed soon enough when I crashed into something, or rather someone.

"What the hell!"

"I am so sorry!"

We said at the same time - Drake and I.

"You again." He groaned, as if he was sick of me showing up everywhere. 

"What is going on here?" demanded a third voice, our principle. I tightly shut my eyes, wanting all this just to be a nightmare.

"Nothing, sir." I replied, then realising I crashed into Drake right in front of the main office.

"Whose skateboard is that?" I couldn't stop cursing my luck at that moment. I was pretty he was going to take it.

"Um mine." I slowly admitted.

"One week detention miss White." He said, firmly. "Didn't you just complete a week's detention few days ago?" He asked to which I nodded my head, my ears turning red.

"You can collect your skateboard from the reception next week after your detention."

My eyes widened, "I'm really sorry sir, it won't happen again. I swear."

"You crashed into a student, Miss White."

"Sir-," Drake tried to interrupt, only to be cut off.

"I think you're getting late for your classes, both of you." He dismissed us and left.

My face fell because spending an hour in detention with nothing to do was absolute hell.  And that was a New Year's gift from my dad, so I treasured it a little more than required. I groaned as I bent down to pick my phone and, apparently, so did the guy in front of me because I felt a pain shoot through my head.

"Ouch!"

"Can't keep yourself away from me, can you?" He asked with a teasing smile, making my eyes pop out. I couldn't digest the fact that he was smiling, especially in front of me.

"You wish." I snorted. "You're not that great. Sure, you look good and have nice hair, but that doesn't mean I'll come after you. I have better things-,"

"Yeah, I forgot you could speak so much." He laughed, shaking his head. Even if I didn't want to admit it, he had a contagious laugh which made me join him too. We grabbed our phones while looking at each other. His eyes were beautiful brownish black, alluring me so much that I couldn't stop looking at them. You could see crinkles form at the corner of his eyes when his lips turned up.

"I know you said I look good, but you can stop staring now." He said with another teasing smile as we stood up.

"Did you wake up on the other side of your bed or what?"

"What do you mean?" He asked quizzically.

"You are being friendly." I pointed out, saying the word 'friendly' as if it was hazardous. Unfortunately, we had reached our class till then.