06

CHAPTER 6

"Eat properly, don't leave the door unlocked, and sleep on time. Also, text before sleeping and after waking up." My mom said hurriedly as she grabbed her charger and pushed it in her bag,

"Yes mom, I know the drill." That had been happening every month since mom had taken a big project in a city  four hours away. It was actually a new branch for dad's company and he had suggested her as the head designer. She was one of the best interior designers in the city. 

"I have made cookies and kept in the oven, take them out in 30 minutes, okay?"

"Yes, just go now or you'll miss the flight." I said, walking with her to the door.

"Honey, the cab's here" My dad said,

"Love you, take care." she said, hugging me hurriedly.

"You too." 

After the closing the door, I had about two hours before the others arrived for movie night.

I walked to the shelf near the television. In between the books was picture- a picture I talked to.

"Just look at these two!" I exclaimed humourously, referring to mom and dad. "I mean, they have been leaving for business trips almost every other month since the past few years and yet they think everything needs to repeated every time."

The expression of the two years old boy in the picture didn't change from that mischievous smile.

"I know, I know. They care and mostly repeat it for their satisfaction. Alright. But now I have to go and prepare. I'll talk to you later."

I pulled out the extra mattress and spread it on the floor of the living room, in front of the television. After checking all the requirements for movie night, I realised that I was short on snacks for -uh, five of us and three of them- eight. Eight people.

Just then, I received a message from Chris. How did he get my number?

Chris:

Drake is busy tonight; he won't be able to join. Just letting you know.

Me:

Okay, thank you.

So seven people now. I decided to ask one of my friends to get some snacks on the way.

Me:

Can any of you get some snacks of the way?

Dylan:

Can't we just order pizza?

Me:

We'll get that too.

Ava:

Can someone pick me?

Nathan:

I'll pick you. We'll get some stuff too. And by the way, I gave Chris your number, A.

Me:

Yeah, I got his message a few minutes ago

Dylan:

Her house doesn't even come in your way. I'll get her.

Nathan:

No no no, it's fine.

Me:

Sure, yeah. Thank you so much.

Taylor:

Get some chocolates for me!!