09

CHAPTER 9

"What the hell, Astrid?"

"Sorry, I just remembered the rematch we agreed on." I said with an embarrassing smile,

"That was two weeks ago!" he said, throwing his hands in the air, to which I just grinned while scratching my head. He sighed before turning on the engine and starting to drive. I continued smiling seeing the look on his face.

...

Next day, I was sitting in the library and searching the text book and other references on the topic given for the assignment. Taylor and Dylan were a no show until the latter arrived fifteen minutes later. Latter arrived fifteen minutes later. Latter arrived later- lol. Never mind my non-existent humor. He sat on the opposite side of the table. By then, I had found some content and had started writing.

"You started already?" he asked, while taking out his books,

"Just did. Did you do anything?"

"I found some stuff. I just have to cancel out some things and then I'll start the final work." he explained,

"Do you have any idea where Taylor is?" I asked while checking my phone for the millionth time, and he shook his head in reply.

Me:

Where are you??

Taylor:

Shit. I'm not coming, sorry for not informing.

Me:

It's fine. Where are you though?

Taylor:

School. Stalking Ava. I'll tell you on the way

Me:

Walk together?

Taylor:

Yup

"So?" the blond guy sitting in front of me asked,

"She's in school but won't join us, probably." I answered.

For next forty minutes, we worked on our assignments with a bit of help from each other, while talking a bit in between. Suddenly, a familiar brunette plopped down in the empty seat beside me, panting. Did she run here or what? Her eyes were shining, and she was rubbing her hands excitedly. She had news. And it was to be revealed in approximately...

5

4

3

2-

"There's something going on between Ava and Nate"

Eh, close enough. But my eyes widened when I realised what she said, and apparently our blond friend had the same reaction because words left our mouths at the same time,

"What?"

"Yeah. Nate had asked me to drop notes of Economics. When I reached the field, I saw Ava and Nate near the benches, talking. He had a hand on her arm." She stopped and looked at us expectantly. When she realised she wasn't getting anything,

"He. Had. A. hand. On. Her. Arm. And they were smiling! You know that lovey dovey eye contact."

"You know, I actually have been seeing Ava at many of our practices nowadays."

"Last week, Nate was sitting with her in art too!" I exclaimed with realisation,

"You don't have art." Taylor said, confused, "She went to drop my project, because coach had called me." Dylan answered for me, "And since A said that, Nate changed his row too; he sits behind Ava now."