13

CHAPTER 13

The week went by in a blur. It was Saturday already and I was deciding on what to wear with Taylor helping me out.

"Don't you have that yellow t-shirt? The one with frilly sleeves?" her voice came from my phone that lay on the bed as I searched my wardrobe.

"I'm not wearing that."

"Why not? It looks good."

"I don't feel like it. Plus, it was mom's choice."

"What about that grey baggy crop top? Looks pretty good on you." she suggested.

"Yeah, but I can't find it." I said before finding it. Lol. "Never mind, found it."

"Why are we discussing what you're going to be wearing?"

"Because I was wondering what to wear before you called." I answered, shrugging even though she couldn't see me.

"That reminds me why I called in the first place. I almost forgot because of your stupid outfit hunting. I'll come a little early- my parents are having guests over and I wanted to be out before they are here in order to not get you and Drake late to the fair too." Since Drake's dad had taken the car, he decided to catch a ride with us. We were supposed to leave at 5:30, and it was already 5:15- when was she getting here?

"Oh, when are you coming?" I asked, while putting on a blue faded jeans.

"I'm outside your building so," she trailed off and I laughed before ending the call and unlocking the door. She walked in two minutes later and planted herself on the couch, after giving me a two finger salute as a greeting. Nice.

"How are the others reaching there?" I asked, settling myself on the opposite couch.

"Ava and Wade are coming with Dylan. No clue about Nate- he'll probably drive himself there." She said, her eye not leaving the phone as she typed away. I raised my eye suspiciously.

"Who are you texting?"

"No one special." She shrugged, putting the device away. Both of our phones vibrated at the same time.

Chris: Does everyone have their ride?

Dylan: Yeah. Ava and Wade are with me.

Taylor: Astrid and Drake are with me.

Chris: What about Nate?

Ava: No clue, but he doesn't have his car. It has gone for repairing.

Nate: Sorry for asking at the last minute but I'm gonna need a ride.

Chris: I'll pick you.

Chris: Everyone meet at the entrance at 5:45.

Taylor: Cool.

Dylan: Okay.

"So that answers about Nate." I said, referring to when she said that she didn't know about Nate's mode of travel. We passed our time on our phones and talking in between before realising that it's time. I locked the door and turned towards the stairs.

"Not happening. We are taking the lift." My best friend said as she noticed where I was going.

"Stairs."

"Lift."

"Stairs."

"A."

"Tay."