11

CHAPTER 11

"So then I missed and ended up twisting my ankle." I completed explaining the whole thing.

"Who was the boy again?"

"Goodness, Cole! Can't you just pay attention on what I'm saying instead of focusing on him like you've been doing since the time he was mentioned?" 

"Okay, I just can't get why you wanted to show him your skills," how was I supposed to answer that when I didn't know the answer myself. Or well-

"He was questioning my skills with Bucky."

"So?"

I threw my head back, groaning as I sat on the sofa with phone in my hand.

"I'm ending the call!" I exclaimed, not really meaning it though.

"No! Okay, chill. So did you get it checked?"

"No, it will be fine. Just resting; Drake said it's not broken."

"So, it's Drake. Who's that?"

"Cole!" I exclaimed, irritated that he wouldn't let it go.

"Hey, I told you about the girl when you asked," he tried to reason,

"But this is different! Nothing is going on between me and Drake,"

"Everyone says that."

At the same time, the bell rang signifying someone's arrival.

"Okay, I'm going now."

"Dude come-,"

"Someone's at the door, I'll call you later. Bye!"

When the bell rang again, I shouted from the couch- "Who is it?"

"A serial killer." said a voice that I was supposed to be expecting but totally forgot about.

"Go away!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Great, come on in! The door's open."

The doorknob twisted slowly as door cracked open revealing my temporary tutor, who was carrying two to three books.

"Hey Drake!" I said, enthusiastically,

"Hi, ready to study?"

"Didn't you get that already?" He shook his head as if he expected the answer, "My ankle is fine, by the way. Thanks for asking."

"You're welcome, good to know." He said and my jaw hung open.

"May I?" he asked, standing near the opposite couch,

"No."

"Thank you."

While Drake took his place, I shifted from mine and took out books from the backpack that lay against the couch. After deciding to start from the first chapter, he started explaining the basic concepts and left out parts that I already understood so we could cover more course.

I honestly wanted to do this right. Even though I say I hate tests and classes, they mean way too much to me. I didn't know what I wanted to do in the future, but I wanted to work hard enough so I could be ready for anything I chose.

My motivation or energy did not last long though.

"I'm never going to get it. It's so tough." I whined as he opened some fat book.

"We haven't even started yet. Try not to focus on the size of book."

"It's all gibberish! What is it even saying?"