23 Vows

Now the day had finally arrived. It was the day we would officially become a family. The day I had always secretly wanted. I expected to be nervous, but surprisingly I was not. I was just full of joyful excitement and butterflies.

Only minutes separated us from each other. When the music began to play, I held on to my father's arm and then we walked together down the aisle to the beat of the music. 

A gentle breeze blew, carrying the scent of the sea and sunshine and flowers to me. It was a beautiful day for November. That was the good thing about Florida. Even in late fall, the weather was still so good that we could celebrate our wedding here on this stunning beach.

As soon as my eyes found Kyle, they never let go. He looked so incredibly handsome in his suit. It was a sight I would never get tired of. Once again, I felt the heat rise to my face when I saw his bright smile. That was all I was aware of at that moment. Not the people that surrounded us, not the sea that tossed wildly behind Kyle. Nor the arch with the delicate flowers in front of which he and the minister were waiting for me. Only Kyle.

I would have loved to run down the aisle and hug him as closely as I could, but I pulled myself together. It was only a few more steps and Kyle already reached out his hand for me.

When our hands touched, everything was as it should be. Two pieces of a puzzle connected. The minister began the ceremony, but I paid little attention to his words. I was lost in the eyes of my future husband. And a short time later it was time for the vows.

"Y/N, all it took was one look into your beautiful eyes and a shy smile to wrap me around your little finger. I never thought that on an ordinary day, a day not unlike hundreds of days before, I would find something that would turn my whole life upside down in a second. I could not forget you. Not even for a second. In you I have found someone with whom I want to spend every single day of my life. You support me, you make me laugh, you are the one I dream of. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am glad you exist.

I promise to always stand by your side, even when times are tough. I promise to be your support as you are mine. I am the happiest man in this world, because I can call you mine. The love I have for you is so much greater than I ever thought possible and yet it is still growing every minute. I love you, Y/N. And I can't wait to see what the future holds for us," Kyle spoke and the tears he was trying to hold back glistened in his eyes as he held tightly onto my hands.

"Kyle, as you know, it's my job to find the right words. But I'm not sure words will ever be enough to express how much you mean to me. Fate works in strange ways sometimes. I never thought how my life would change when BF/N asked me to accompany her to NXT. Me, a person who had never seen wrestling before. As it turned out, it was easily the best decision I ever made.

I, too, could not forget you. No matter how hard I tried at the beginning. I was sure that you could not have meant me. As we now know, I was wrong. And I am glad that I was wrong. Because in you I have found not only the love of my life, no, also a source of calm, of peace and of support. I'm glad that in the last few weeks we've been able to keep a secret. A sweet secret that almost made us burst. I carry you in my heart, Kyle. And I carry the result of our love under my heart. I love you. We love you!" I spoke and finally took Kyle's hand and gently pressed it against my belly.

As I did so and my words began to sink in, a shocked gasp ran through the ranks of our guests. Hectic whispers spread like a wave in the ocean. Now I could no longer hold back the tears. The joy and happiness were too great. And I was sure the pregnancy hormones did the rest.

A short time later we exchanged rings and the minister declared us husband and wife. 

Afterwards, Kyle gently took my face in his hands and leaned down to give me the first kiss as my husband. Time stood still as we held each other like that. But all too soon the guests were getting restless, so we reluctantly broke away from each other and turned to face the guests.

It wasn't long before we were surrounded by congratulations, hugs and kisses. Not only to the wedding but to the new life that was on the way.