Chapter 9 - The New Home

Roman looked around at the forest. Earth was everything he imagined and so much more. The sound of the green leaves rustling in the trees, the crunch of the dry leaves as he treads on them, the fresh air he inhaled was much more open and alive than the air on the Ark, the smell of fresh what he believed to be called 'moss' and 'pine' also reached his nose, and the vast maze of trees was stunning. He knew that he was going to like it here.

His grandmother would be so happy down here, when she returned to the ground, Cece would have loved it down here, and his father ... maybe the weight on his shoulders would lessen and his cold exterior would crumble.

Roman's thoughts were disrupted when he heard Clarke's angry voice.

"Hey! Where is it?" He heard her yell. 

His focus returned to the blonde-haired girl in front of him, who was storming up to a figure with his back turned to the group. Then, the figure turned his head and looked over his shoulder, and Roman could recognize those dark curls and soft brown eyes anywhere. 

Bellamy Blake.

"Hey, princess," He said in an all-too pleasant tone. He didn't seem to have noticed Roman as he was standing behind Clarke, or he did, but just didn't remember him. "You taking a walk in the woods?"

Clarke stormed up to the large young man, her icy blue eyes murdering him in her mind. Roman knew that this wasn't going to end well, he had witnessed Clarke act like this many times when it came to people who made her furious. 

"They're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there to save oxygen, and I can guarantee you that it won't be Council members. It will be working people!" She poked him in the chest. "Your people!"

Finn stomped past Roman and Clarke and shoved Bellamy in the chest. 

"Bellamy, where's the radio?" He growled angrily. 

Bellamy sized up on the shorter boy and shoved him back just as harshly. "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"Bellamy Blake?" Roman felt Raven at his side. He glanced over at her and saw the same frightening scowl that she had given him when they first met. "They're looking everywhere for you! Do you have any idea the trouble you've caused!"

Bellamy gave her a warning glare before his dark eyes fell on Roman. Roman could see a sense of recognition in them, but they quickly looked back at Raven. 

"Shut up." He snapped, his voice dangerously soft.

Clarke turned to Raven. "Looking for him? Why?"

Raven looked at Roman. "Care to tell them why Little Prince? After everything, he's done to you."

Roman shrunk back nervously, he had four pairs of eyes focused on him, and Bellamy looked ready to tackle him. Taking a deep breath, he mumbled loud enough for all of them to hear.

"He shot Chancellor Jaha."

Clarke spun her head and glared at Bellamy. "That's why you took the wristbands. Needed everyone to think we were dead."

Finn narrowed his eyes in fury. "All that whatever the hell we want? It was all complete bull. You just wanted to save your own skin."

Bellamy scoffed and began walking away, but Raven dashed forward and stepped in front of him.

"Hey Shooter! Where's my radio?" she yelled.

"Get out of my way," Bellamy said warningly. "I should have killed you when I had the chance."