Chapter 26 - The Tension

Jason Momoa as Cassian

"Blood has answered blood. However, my people believe that more should've been done," Lexa addressed the people in the room. "The body will be given to Tondc. The murderer shall burn alongside his victims. Only then can we have peace."

"No, no, we've done enough," Kane said. "The boy should be buried by his own people."

Clarke barely registered what was going on. She knew that Lexa had escorted her to her private tent. Her mother, Kane, and Indra had followed after her. She could hear them speaking, but she didn't absorb any of the words that were spoken. She could feel her mother sitting beside her, holding tightly onto her hand ... her bloody hand ...

"Done enough," Indra spat, looking angrily at them. "18 people from my village are dead because of that boy. They deserve justice."

"Justice?" Clarke's mother questioned. "You mean vengeance."

Indra gave her a deathly stare. "You have not even seen my vengeance."

The tension in the tent was thick. Even though she was barely listening, Clarke could feel it. She knew that they still had a long way to go to reach peace. And in order to reach that goal, they would need all of their people back. Sacrifices would have to be made. It was what Finn would have wanted.

"We'll do it," she finally spoke. Everyone's gaze shifted towards her. "But once we're done, we must discuss how to get our people out of Mount Weather. All of them."

Lexa's green eyes met hers, and she gave her a solemn nod. "We all want the same things, Clarke."

After spending time with Anya, Clarke actually believed her words. They all wanted the same things. They all had the same goals.

"When do we leave?" Clarke asked.

"As soon as the sun rises. You may choose your attendance."

Clarke nodded slowly. She already partially made an idea of who to take. Her mother and Kane obviously, as they were both authoritative figures amongst their people; most definitely Bellamy, she would feel a whole lot calmer if he was by her side; Octavia and Lincoln as well; she owed it to Raven to let her come as well; there was absolutely no way that she'd let Roman out of her sight, and she owed it to him as well.

Speaking of which, she remembered that Raven and Roman had come with her mother and Kane. But they were outside ... with Finn. Clarke wasn't ready to face Raven, especially after breaking her promise to kill Lexa. But, she knew sooner or later she would have to ... to tell her what they were going to do with Finn.

She stood up, getting ready to leave the tent when she felt a tug on her hand. She had almost forgotten that her mother was still holding her hand. She looked back at her mother, who was giving her an anxious look.

"Honey, do you want me to come with you - "

"It's okay, Mom."

She pulled her hand away and walked out of the tent. The night sky had started to grow brighter, meaning that morning was almost upon them. The smoke of the now-dead fire reached her nostrils. That's when she saw, near the post that Finn used to be tied to, two figures kneeling beside the body of the boy she loved.