Chapter 10 - The Grounder

"Your sister?" Roman asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "When was the last time you saw her?"

"This morning, right before you guys came after me," Bellamy answered, he looked very distressed. "We had an argument and she ran off. I thought she came back here to camp, but I can't find her."

Roman raked his hand through his hair. "Do you want me to help you find her?"

"Please." Roman could sense the desperation in his voice.

"Okay, we should go to Clarke, maybe she saw her," Roman suggested, Bellamy nodded, and the two boys headed off.

"Octavia!" Both Roman and Bellamy called out as they looked around the camp.

Bellamy would look inside tents while Roman would ask the delinquents who were still up and sitting by their own makeshift fires if they had seen her.

Roman eventually noticed Clarke sitting outside of her tent, looking up at the sky. He signaled Bellamy and they walked up to her. Clarke noticed them coming, she smiled warmly at Roman, but it soon turned into a frown when she saw Bellamy walking next to him.

"You're up?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke got up and stretched her arms above her head, rubbing her tired eyes. "Yeah. Knowing hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep."

"Raven's flares will work," Roman said, his hand unconsciously touching the bracelet on his wrist. "She knows what she's doing."

"The radio would have been better though."

Roman glanced sideways at Bellamy, the older boy had a guilty expression on his face. But Bellamy quickly recovered and spoke.

"Have you seen Octavia?"

"No," Clarke said shaking her head. She then noticed the anxious expression on Bellamy's face. "It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."

Bellamy sighed in frustration. "Clarke, we've checked the entire camp. She's not here."

"Please, Clarke," Roman asked, well, more like pleaded.

He hadn't met Bellamy's sister, but he had the urge to help people in need, and this was no exception. He wanted to help find her, and he knew that they would need Clarke's insight in order to do that.

Clarke looked between the two boys, before nodding.

"Okay, I'll help you find her. Let's check around the camp again. Bellamy, you can go to the dropship. Roman and I will check the rest of the tents."

"Thank you," Bellamy responded calmly, but Roman could tell that he was grateful. 

Clarke's icy blue eyes glowered at him. "Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this because Roman asked me to. And I'm doing this for Octavia."

Bellamy nodded, turning and heading in the direction of the dropship. Clarke turned to Roman.

"Let's go." She said.

Roman nodded. "I can ask Jasper and Monty if they saw her."

"You should try Raven and Finn too. They're probably in his tent." Clarke said bitterly. It seemed off to Roman, just like the weeks before she was arrested.

"Are you okay?" Roman asked. "You look troubled."

"I'm fine, Ro."

"Clarke, I've known you since we were seven years old. I think I can tell when something is troubling you."

"But we need to find Octavia ..."

"Then put it in a summary, we can talk while we walk."

Roman moved to the side and allowed Clarke to walk beside him. Roman waited for Clarke to answer, but she was very quiet, she wasn't usually like this. When they were younger, she was always the most vocal in their group and the most confident, the exact opposite of Roman in fact. But now, she was very hesitant and a lot quieter. He wondered what had happened to make her feel this way.