Chapter 13 - The Meeting

Morena Baccarin as Delilah Franko

Bang!

The bullet swooshed through the air and scraped past the tree with the target painted on it.

"Shit!"

"You know cursing won't help you hit the target."

"Fuck you, Blake."

Roman looked through the scope again, his finger made its way back to the trigger. Taking a deep breath to steady his nervous shaking, he slowly pulled the trigger. He flinched at the bang and the force made him take a step backward. He looked back at the target, clenching his jaw when he saw that he had once again missed the target for the fifth time that day.

He looked over at Bellamy who was standing beside him with his arms crossed.

"I have to congratulate you," Bellamy said in a sarcastic voice. "That was the furthest you've ever been from missing the target. You deserve an award for that."

Roman glowered at him. "Don't you have other people to teach how to use this thing instead of insulting me?"

"Oh, they're all doing fine, at least they actually hit the tree."

Roman was tempted to use the gun to hit him with it. Then it would be a useful weapon.

Roman didn't even know why he was here in the first place, he made it very clear that he didn't like the idea of letting teenagers use guns and didn't want to be entrusted with one.

But no, Bellamy had to literally drag him out of the tent and toss a gun into his hands. Roman was right in the middle of talking with Raven - they were back on speaking terms much to his delight and dismay - about making more bullets for the guns, they needed as many as they can if they were to fight off the Grounders.

"I think you know what your problem is," Bellamy said, holding out his hand to take the heavy gun from Roman.

"Oh, do give me your amazing insight," Roman scoffed sarcastically, handing the gun to Bellamy.

"You're very small, scrawny, and you have very thin and weak arms, I think that this type of gun might be a bit too heavy for you. I think you'll be able to handle a smaller gun much better." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his smaller handgun, the gun he had used to shoot the Chancellor.

Roman gave the gun a wary look before looking back at Bellamy. "You don't need to do that, it's your gun after all."

"Now that I've got a bigger gun, I doubt that I'll use this thing again," Bellamy said handing the gun to Roman. "Try practicing with this and see how it goes."

"Can't I just use my knife to defend myself?" Roman asked as he turned back to the tree and pointed the gun at it.

"If you want the Grounder to have something to pick his teeth with when he's done with you, then be my guest."