Eight

"Are you sure about this, Mary?" Maxine asked her sister

"Are you sure about this, Mary?" Maxine asked her sister. "I don't want Bella trying something."

"Max, calm down." She said. "I'll be fine and who knows, I might meet someone today."

Maxine sighed as she watched her sister leave as Edward appeared. "I tried to stop her and she went."

Mary saw Bella get in her truck as she got in her car. She did this to check and see if Bella was still trying to figure the Cullens out. Alice, Percy, and Dominic told her about the shifters on the Rez and she didn't want one spilling the beans to Bella.
~~~
When Mary arrived, Bella saw as Mary told Jessica she would get the drinks. She saw Jacob look at Mary and stare at her. He walked over to her as Mary got the drinks out. "Need help." She heard and looked to see a tan boy by her side.

"Yes please." She said. "I'm Mary."

"Jacob." He said. "Would you want to walk with me and my friend Bella?"

Mary looked at Bella and back to the handsome boy in front of her. "Deal." She said as she was going to be watching Bella closely and she could get to know more about Jacob. She grabbed the other case of drinks and carried it to Tyler's van. "So, how do you know Bella?"

"My dad and her dad are really good friends."

"Cool." Mary said. "I only have a few friends, but my best friend is Lori."

"Lori Swan is a wild child who seems to bring a smile to a lot of people's faces." Jacob said as they walked away from the van with Bella following. "She is sweet, but there is something about her that makes her like a sister to a lot."

"Same."

"Jacob, what did your friends mean that the Cullens don't come here?" Bella said getting Mary and Jacob to look at her.

"There was a treaty made..."

Mary stopped as Jacob looked at her. She pulled her phone out and texted her sister.

Bella is getting closer to finding out and I may have found the one.