Chapter 42

Jayden POV

The drive to the site isn't a comfortable one. I keep loosening my tie and opening my shirt buttons.
"It'll be better if you go bare chested instead."
"So that you can gawk at me for free, No!" I said with my eyes fixed on the  rode.
"How is that a big deal. Your body isn't beautiful like that of male models" I just laughed at how she said that.
"My body is one of the best in the country"
"One of the best but not the best among the best" she continued teasing. I felt relaxed.
"How's Jah? I asked her, changing the topic. She narrowed her eyes at me.
"Since when did you start calling my daughter by her pet name?" Keisha has become very problematic. I rolled my eyes and gave a soft chuckle.
"She asked me to call her that" I lied. I heard her calling her Jah and I find it to be cute.
"God what did I give birth to" she said jokingly.
"You gave birth to your mini self." I chipped in.
"I doubt" she said with her eyes closed.
"Maybe she took everything from her dad but frankly speaking, I see no resemblance between Chris and her" Keisha sharply opened her eyes to look back at me.
"It's not your job to be spotting differences in my family" just like that and she is back to her moody self.

"Don't break my door. It feels!" I shouted behind Keisha after she got out from my jeep and banged its door when we got to my estate. She moved to a group of children playing on the field and joined them play in the sand. Has she forgotten that we're here to check on which apartment to begin with the decoration? The masons at the site are doing a great job that I'm suddenly filled with nostalgia. Assisting them for half an hour wouldn't hurt. I removed my shirt and singlet and tossed it to one of the boys. All the workers stopped what they were doing and spent their time looking at what I'm up to. The kids playing weren't left out either as I noticed that they'd all left the playing field and are following me. Picking a spare shovel from the ground, I joined the Mason that is mixing the mortar alone.
"No need to worry sir, I can manage"
"Managing isn't enough when you can get a helping hand." I hushed him with my reply and began mixing the concrete solution and fetching it into the delivery pan.

In no time, I'm sweating profusely. Filling my tenth head pan, I noticed that Keisha is really looking at me. Blessed Trinity! To make her feel me more, I put my all in what I'm doing. I'd already graduated from being a concrete mixer to carrying and delivering it just to show her how strong I am. Bollock! It's very unfair to pay these workers what they earn whiles my staff at the office under Air condition even earn higher income with more privileges than them. I'll start to change everything. Even though I've already signed a contract with the senior contractor, I deem it best to give them weekly bonuses as they may have already spent their share of the money. I'll begin to work on that as soon as I get to the office. One of the guys brought me a very chilled water and I gulped everything down. I took another one from the tray and poured it all from the tip of my head and it run downwards through my spine.
Looking around, I couldn't find Keisha among the cheerful kids neither is she seated on any of the lovers bench. Lemme get myself cleaned up first, then I'll return to search for her so we can begin our tour without delay.......

Keisha's POV

I managed to escape from Jaden's inspecting eyes when one of the boys offered him water and he had to divert his attention from me to him.
"Can you please lead me to the washroom?"
"Me?" The little girl of about six years seemed surprised.
"Yes you little miss. What's your name?"
"Claudia" she smiled, exposing her potholed teeth but covered it instantly when she noticed that I'd gain interest in her teeth.
"Awww. You don't need to shy away dear. When I was like you, all my teeth removed remaining one at the front button. My mama had to mince all my meat"
"That's so hilarious" she laughed out forgetting about her initial discomfort.
"You came with the boss right?" I nodded. "I'll take you to the finest quarters here. There's actually an extra nicer one but it's interior hasn't been done yet."
"Oh okay" I said and hopped with her holding my hand. "Can't you slow down?"
She gave a soft giggle that it made me miss my little angel at home.
"If we walk, we wouldn't get there as quick as I want and that would delay my return to play my turn on the field."

"You play football?" I asked surprised.
"Yes I do" she said with much enthusiasm. "I am the one who scored the goal" she said with pride.
"You are?" I bet on everything that I'm surprised. I took the goal scorer to be a boy.
"I thought you were a ...." She paused us in front of an enormous building. That it made my mouth gapped open.
"Wow" I mouthed.
"You thought that I'm a boy?" I nodded to her question.
"Not surprised, I get that all the time. I've got to go." And with that, she is almost a quarter through to the field. How does she expect me to know where the washroom is all by myself? I've not even been here before. The door made a screeching noise when I turned the knob and pushed it open.
"This place is beautiful"  I began admiring and touching a few artworks that is set on a drawer closer to the main door. Though the place is kept clean and tidy with a few designs, a great decor a d makeover needs to be done on it. I climbed the stairs  to the first floor when I found no washroom downstairs.

"Thank Graciousness!" sighed when I walked into one of the rooms with a washroom inside. I walked into it and turned off the light and began undressing. I walked in here with a mentality of just easing myself up but here I am having a cold freshening up in this cute bath tub. I searched for my favourite current song mood by Mr. Drew on audiomarck and turned the volume high. I relaxed in the tub and lost myself in the lyrics.