Chapter 18

ONE WEEK LATER

"Lakeisha Miltmore, do you take Chris Blankson as your lawful and wedded husband. To love and to cherish, to respect and assist him in sickness and in health, in poorness and in wealth? If you accept, say I do."
"I do" I answered faster than I'd imagine. As a result of my pregnancy, my family didn't want to keep the wedding hanging. Chris is a very understanding guy. I told him everything that led to me rejecting him initially. I asked him not to expect much from me as we'll get to know each other more in marriage and he understood so here we are exchanging vows.
Alethea has gotten very close to Chris' best man, Damon. They met during our wedding planning meeting and they both clicked it off from there. I can't imagine I'm marrying and in few minutes, I'd be somebody's Mrs. Life can really change within a twinkle of an eye. I'm happy my child won't be tagged fatherless.
"I pronounce you a husband and wife. Go and flourish. Now, you may kiss your bride" The priest has finally declared us a husband and wife. We both agreed not to share a deep kiss.
Whooo!!!!!!! All our guests cheered when we kissed.

"Congratulations Mrs. Blankson." Aunt Abigail gave me a tight hug. I know what she's trying to pour out in that hug and I'm really feeling it. Life can't always go as planned but all that I've planned against Jayden will be executed peacefully.
"Thank you aunt Abigail" an unknown tear made its way beneath my lids.
"No don't. You'll ruin your beautiful make up. You'll be fine hunny. Do you have any message for him?" I dabbed a tissue under my lids to prevent suspicions and shook my head in response. There's nothing to tell him. I've got nothing at all. The only guilt i feel right now is hiding my pregnancy from her. Her first grandchild. I hope she forgives me when I finally put myself together to tell her in the near future.
"It's time to get you out of here princess" dad appeared from nowhere.
"Are you skipping reception?" Aunt Abigail asked surprised. I don't blame her. We planned that part a secret. Chris and I will be raising our family in Italy and we booked the flight on the same day of our wedding. Alethea will be joining us in a month time after the papers of the house she's trying to buy gets ready.
I said my final goodbye to everybody by waving them goodbye before entering the limousine. We're now heading home for my stuffs.

"Hunny is it really necessary for you to stay in Italy?"  Mum walked into my room with a sad face.
"I wish it wasn't necessary mum, but I have to. I have to get my child far away from Jayden. Moreover, being here would keep reminding me of him not to talk of the number of times we'd bump into each other." I walked up to her so she'd help me zip my dress.
"Do visit from time to time mommy. I love you."
"I love you too my angel. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself and my grandchild okay?"
"I'll mum" I locked my suitcases and called the maids to come for them.
"You still don't want to see me off at the airport?" I dropped my face.
"Sweety, I watched Lucas take off and he has still not returned home. I'm scared if I see you off, you wouldn't want to return back home again" mum is really trying hard to not break down in front of me.
"Come on mum. Lucas and I are two different people. Even though we're twins, we think differently but it's fine if you don't want to see me leave. I promise to always keep in touch okay? Your God son will still be around." At the mention of Gods son, I remembered Jayden. Does he know he's never going to set his eyes on me again? I bet he doesn't. I'm going but I'll return to ruin him like how he's ruined my life!

"Promise me you'd keep my baby happy Chris?" Mum held Chris' hand when we descended to the hallway.
"You've got my word on that, aunt Natalie" he assured my worried mum.

"Bye! Take very good care of yourselves!" Mum shouted when we entered Chris' 4×4. CJ is the one driving us to the airport because he'd return home with it.
"We will mum. I love you" damn I'm about to give in to tears. I've never left the four corners of this house without my parents. In high school, I had to be a day student because mum wanted to see both my brother, Jayden and I everyday and same applied to tertiary but Jayden and Lucas got away from that. I only the other hand chose to school here because of one ingrate. Today, here I am married to a total stranger and even leaving my country to live with him with a different man's baby growing in me.

Three hours later

"We'll come visit every week hunny. It will be as though we aren't apart" Dad said when we finished checking in to board the plane.
"Papa, I'm really going to miss you" I cried out like a baby. I can't believe I'm leaving my favorite person behind. Dad soothed my back.
"I'll miss you too my angel. Be a good wife okay and be happy."
"I'll dad" I gave him a long peck.
"Stay safe papa and take care of mama for me." I waved him with tears before following Chris to the departing lane. Whatever life has installed for me, I pray it unfold with grace. I held my tummy protectively as I thought of how life would be after I give birth to my baby.