Chapter 23

Chris POV

In every land or place, there are rules that dare not be violated and one is giving out information about royals to an unknown source without our consent. For three months now, I know that scumbag has been going all length to find Lakeisha. Lakeisha is mine! She's my property and no one tempers with what's mine. Lakeisha doesn't even want see his face. This guy has put her through shit. You can't eat your cake and still have it. The lady he threw away like a piece of shit is my precious jewel. I know he's a responsible guy who'd do absolutely anything to gain paternity over the baby Lakeisha is carrying but I won't allow that. I'm giving no chance for him to ever know that he conceived a child with Lakeisha. Most of his certified investigators, I've threatened them all to quit their jobs or I'd send them running from the country. I know he's super rich now and is capable of rubbing shoulders with me but on every battlefield, there's a territory and Italy here, is my zone. Nobody double crosses my path because the next outcome would be danger. I've come a long way to earn Lakeisha's trust as a great husband and friend and I'll let no one ruin that. I'll ensure with the last breath in me that he never set his eyes on her and his unknown baby, which is legally mine. When my boys alerted me that he has set a very big jewelry business at the center of the city, I knew he wasn't going to give up that easily. To rub it on his face that someone is always a step ahead of him, I took Lakeisha there to buy her an anklet. Keisha has a lot of valuable jewels but I decided to add up to it's number. The thin anklet she chose is worth a million dollar. I want her to believe that if she'd chosen a life with that low life which he isn't now, she'd have lived a wretched life with him in the slums and her unborn child would have suffered the consequences. I must say his staff are well behaved and really follow orders. I really went through a tough time with his secretary when I objected to giving my name and other important personal informations. Lakeisha got mad that I was stressing a little issue and left the shop to our car. That gave me the chance to threaten the lady. I told her I'd have her entire family killed if she dare say a thing when she's questioned on the empty space on the checklist and she weakly agreed. If I've never been ruthless before, that was because there was nothing precious to protect but now, there is. That guy won't be allowed to ruin my family. Lakeisha is all that I've got now. To tell the truth, I've never hurt a fly before. I started this life of blackmail and threatening after I found out that Jayden is going lengths to find his sweetheart. I know he loves her wholeheartedly and I do too but I'm the best for her because I'd never let her go no matter what.

A day after

I was in my study going through some files when my Butler rushed in without knocking.
"Signore, per favore, signora è in travagilo" I stood abruptly from the chair I was sitting on upon hearing what he just said.
"Éh? Dov'è lei?" I asked him alarmed.
sulla terraza?" James replied.
"Fai strada!" I commanded him to lead the way to where Lakeisha is and I ran after him. He said Lakeisha's baby is due. I remember the doctor telling me  just last two days that she won't be due until next week. What could have happened? We both didn't pack anything in the labor bag because we thought we had much time.
"Jayden! the baby is coming!" I stopped in my tracks when I heard Lakeisha call out the name of that low life, instead of mine. I fisted my palm to calm my nerves before showing myself in front of her.
"Jayden!" She cried out again when she noticed me in front of her. Even though hearing that guy's name hurts me, my feelings isn't what's important right now.
"Bambino, it's me, your husband." I said heart broken.
"The baby....the baby is coming!" She's really going through shit. Two of our servants rushed in with a stretcher and I helped Lakeisha to lie on it. The pushed her to where they'd already made one of my cars ready with the needed stuffs parked in it.
"Portaci all'ospedalle più vicino" I instructed my driver to take us to the nearest hospital. I'm afraid by the time we make it to my private hospital, she would have delivered in the car already. The closest hospital is just ten blocks away and we'll get there in less than ten minutes. I held my wife protectively and whispered soothing words into her ears to calm her down a little.

The nurses awaited our arrival with their stretcher in front of them to carry my wife. I called my P.A to let them know that we were on our way to their hospital and they really tried to make their fist impression count. This hospital is owned by an unknown competitor. It is very beautiful and has learned and skillful doctors and nurses. I must say my staff needs to learn a lot from here. They rushed my sweetheart  past several rooms to the labor ward.
I had to excuse myself to call the rest of her family and inform them that our baby would be out any moment from now.

Litsquaaaaaad🔔
Kindly vote, comment and share.
Signed📝 Elsa❤💦