Chapter 51

The consistent ringing of my phone made me finish my business in the washroom fast than ever. I walked back into the room wrapped in a little towel that covered barely up my full butt.
Jayden is no where in sight. I took the phone from my purse that was tossed somewhere across the room and sat on the bed.
It read three mixed calls from Jah's nanny and three from dad. I'm sure mum was by his side when he was calling because there's no missed call from she of all people.
I first dialed Jamera nanny's number and she picked on the second ring.
"Hello?"
"Good afternoon ma'am, Jamera has been crying that she wants to see you. Please tell me where you are at so I can bring her to you."

"Well where I am is kind of far from home. Let me speak with her."
"Hello mama" she said in a voice that tells that she has tears in her eyes. It got me sad.
"Aww baby girl. A little bird told me you've missed mommy?"
"Mm hmm" she started crying.
"Come on angel don't do that. You're only breaking my heart." The sadness of a mother is always triggered by the cries of her baby. I turned to find Jayden standing behind me. I've been lost in my surrounding after hearing my baby cry from the other end of the phone.
"What's is it?" He brushed his hand on his chin.
"Jah is sad that she didn't see me yesterday and today too."
"Oh really? Give me that" he took the phone from me, put it on speaker and went to relax in the couch.
"Hello beautiful princes"
"Guardian angel? I detected the surprise in her voice.
"It's me hunny. Heard you've been crying"
"Mummy" she replied simply.
"I've stolen your mama for a few days and you'll be with us as soon as the call ends okay?" Now I'm the one surprised. He winked at me.
"Really" she asked excited.
"Yes pretty girl. The chopper will come over for you soon. Dress like a princess for me okay?"
"Okay. Bye" she hanged up herself. She's eager to be here with us.
"Solved" he smiled sweetly at me.
"You're so great with her" I said a fact.
"That's because she's my daughter." I swear I choked on my own saliva.
"Cough cough cough...she..she's...cough.. She's your what? Cough...cough" God. I need to pee.
"Easy sweetheart." He handed me a glass of water and I gulped it all down my throat.
"What's wrong? I hope it's not me calling Jamera my daughter that made you choke on your saliva?"
I shook my head vigorously. I suddenly feel sick and numb. He helped me to lie on the bed. He sat in front of me and brushed his hand through my hair. It's better that we make her get used to me because soon, I'm going to be her stepfather. I don't want her growing with the mentality that I'm her stepfather"
"I don't get you" blessed is the Lord for I've gained my voice.
"What I mean is that since destiny has found it's way to connect us back together, Jamera has practically become my daughter."
"Oh" I sighed in relief.
"Isn't that so?" He caressed the back of my hand.
"Yeah." I would have died a stupid death if my saliva had killed me.

I got up from the bed feeling better.

"Wear the vintage dress hanging in the wardrobe." I looked at him killingly.
"That's not my style" vintage has never been of taste to me.
"You'll thank me later when we get to where we're going."
"Well I'm not going to wear that." I ignored his suggestion and began searching in the wardrobe for something fancy.
"There!" I exclaimed excitedly when I found something of my taste.
"You're wearing that?"
"What's up with that face pretty boy. This dress isn't revealing. You can barely see my cleavage."
"It's not about that. It's fancy" jeez.
"So you can wear something fancy but I can't? Is that it?"
"No baby. If you turn right now you'd see what I'm wearing."
"I've already seen that." I rolled my eyes. He's such a kill joy.
"Okay" he exited where I am dressing to the bedroom. I took my time to make myself look good. Even if Jayden refuses to compliment me just because I've gone against his wish, I know onlookers will make me feel good. I can even flirt with one or two to pay him back for not complimenting me. Silly you. The little voice said and varnished.

"We ain't going no more?" I eyed Jayden from up to down. He has changed from his expensive clothes and is now wearing something casual that's fit for home staying.
"We're still going baby"
"With you in that?" He smirked at me. "Oh don't give me that smirk."
"You look beautiful mamita" he came close and perked my lips.
"Thank you but I'm sorry I can't say same if this is what you're wearing"
"That's fine. As long as you look good, I'm okay. Come on let's get going" he guided me out by the waist as we walk towards the elevator.

"Are you sure that we've not missed our way?"
"No way. I know the route here like the back if my hands."
"Okay if you say so" I stretched myself on the
seat and closed my eyes.

"Wake up baby, we're here." He rubbed his hand on my exposed thigh. I must admit that it did something to me.

"The slums?" I asked surprised.
"Yes baby" he smiled at me. I've always wanted him to bring me here so I could see where he lived the earliest part of his childhood days but he told me the place was too wild for a soft lady.
"You think I'm tough now to be here?" I looked at him in awe.
"Yes dear. Even if you're not, I can give you the protection you need"
"My safety level has always been intact since I was born" I chuckled.
"Well that was not given to you by me. I could barely provide a three squared meal then."
"Hmm" I  took his hands. "You know it's okay that you're rich now but I don't like the kind of attention you get from ladies whenever you appear. I wish you were poor." He laughed heartedly.
"Ladies crushing on me is nothing, it's all part of the game. It's you who have the keys to my heart." He kissed me.
"Let's get down. We'll have to walk a few meters before we get there. Report says Jamera is already waiting for us."
"That was quick" I stepped out of the car when he opened my side for me.
"Thank you" I winked at him.

"Why's everyone looking at you like that? It's as if you've stolen their candy"
"They're not looking at me, it's you" he laughed.
"Me?  Why me. It's my first time here. I can even say that I've never come into contact with anyone from here before so why are they looking at me like that?"

"They're looking at you like that because you look different. Your dressing and it all shows that you're not one of them." I rolled my eyes.
"What does my dressing have to do with them?"
"Whenever they see person finely dressed, they feel they're rubbing it on their face."
"So that's why you changed your clothes?"
"Mm hmm." He took my hands to help me walk on the wooden bridge.
"Why didn't you tell me earlier that it's here that we are heading to?" He let go of hand and gave me a disbelieving look.

"Fine. You tried to tell me but I wish you had tried harder." Screw my hard headedness.