Ashley-Chapter Seven

The room was quiet. It was always quiet. The only sound that filled the room was the pitter-patter of rain, the birds, the trains, and Zayn's voice when he decided to come in. The memories of last night come flooding back. One minute I was running down the halls, the next minute, Zayn was dragging me back to the cold spacious room, then he was burning me for no reason. Well, maybe he had a reason. I did run. I did try to escape. But can you blame me? I have been cooped up in this room for I don't even know how long. I have been looking at the same view and watching the same trains travel past at the same time every day. I have been staring at the same blank wall for days on end. It's so boring. I wanted to get out of here.

I sat in the same dark oak chair twiddling my thumbs. I couldn't get up because after Zayn tortured me, he tied me back up, however, this time differently. He tied my ankles to the chair, like normal, but then he put a rope around my stomach and tied that around the chair. Then my hands were bound in front of me tightly. I felt like I was suctioned to the chair. I literally couldn't move and it was getting difficult to breathe from the rope being around my stomach.

While I was staring out the window for the millionth time, I heard the metal door creak open. I knew it could only be one person: Zayn. But since it was light out, and from the silhouette of the person, I knew it was not Zayn. This person had a very skinny body, like close to being dangerous. He was not that tall, and his legs were thin. His upper body looked fit, but not as fit as Mike's. His skin was a light pale color and his hair was styled up into a quiff on top of his head. The ends of his hair were blonde but the roots were dark brown. He obviously dyes his hair. This man moved closer to me.

"Ah, Ashley right?" He questioned as his feet stomped on the ground and his thick Irish accent spoke.

I nodded my head. My eyes widened when he finally stood in front of me. "Where's Zayn? Who are you?"

The blonde man chuckled. "Sorry. My name is James Williams. I work for Zayn. He told me to come and get you. He wants me to bring you to him."

I sunk lower in my chair. "Bring me where?" I asked. Flashbacks of last night came to me like a rushing waterfall.

James moved over to me. He took the rope off my wrists and I looked down at the imprints the rope left. It was like a tattoo except for the ink. James then untied the rest of my body.

"Follow me." He told me and grabbed my already sore wrist. I don't know why he said to follow him. It's more like he is leading me somewhere. I had no choice but to follow him.

The Irish man led me out of the room that I had become so familiar with. He led me down the dark hallway in which I was once running down. He pulled me around each corner. The corners I was once hiding behind.

Finally, we came across a big open space. Each side of the space looked the same as the hallways. The walls were steel and the lights were dim. But on one of the walls were double doors. I was afraid of where they led. The doors stood out against the colorless steel I was seeing everywhere.

James let go of my wrist. "Zayn's in here. Go on in." He then left me and turned a corner to go God knows where.

I was now alone as I stood in front of the large intimidating doors. I just looked at them. A million questions were running through my head.

Why are there just two random doors in the middle of nowhere?

Where do these doors lead?

What does Zayn want?

What's going to happen to me behind these doors?

After staring at the doors for a while, I finally worked up enough courage to open the door. I put my shaky hand around the cold knob. I slowly turned it and took a deep breath. I pushed the door open and gasped at what I saw.