Ashley- Chapter Fifteen

When I woke up the sun was shining through my blinds. Wow, it must be late? I threw the blankets off me and got out of bed. Again my mom was in the kitchen reading the newspaper.

"Good morning sweetie, how did you sleep?" She asked.

"So good. What is there for breakfast?" I responded.

"I can make pancakes?" She suggested, getting up from the table.

"Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks, mom!"

I went into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He had to go in early for work. But he is going to meet us at the police station." She answered me.

Police station? Oh crap. I have to go in for questioning today about my "experience" being kidnapped. When my parents found the note Zayn left. They immediately knew I had been kidnapped. I would never leave without telling them.

I looked down at my phone and the date was November 21st- Thursday. I pressed my thumb to the fingerprint pad at the bottom of the phone and went straight to my messages. I first saw a message from Carrie.

"Hey, babe. I heard you are back home. I want to see you, but if you're not ready, I understand. Let me know when you are coming back to school. I miss you so much."

I smiled and typed out a reply. "Hey. I'm actually not sure when I'm going back to school. Probably not until after Thanksgiving Break. I miss you too."

After I responded to Carrie, I went down to that mysterious number that texted me they "can't wait to see me tonight." I now knew that this number belonged to Zayn. I clicked on the messages and started to type a message. I know I shouldn't be texting Zayn for many reasons. One, the police might go through my phone and find out that Zayn and I had a relationship and they could find him quickly. I wanted to text him because I wanted to let him know that I was going to be talking about him to the police. Just so he's aware and he can get away if he wants.

I texted him a quick message. "Hey, Zayn. It's Ashley. I just wanted to let you know that I will be talking to the police about how you kidnapped me. I won't mention your name. So yeah. I just wanted to tell you." I sent the message and anxiously waiting for his answer.

"Breakfast is ready Ash." My mom said, bringing me back to reality.

I got up off the couch and went to eat my pancakes. After I was almost done eating my phone vibrated. I looked down to check it. I had a message from Zayn.

It read: "Thanks for letting me know. Text me after the interview. Tell me what you said."

As I read the message I kind of expected him to say sorry. Sorry for what? Now that's a good question. I think I want him to apologize for pushing me away and letting me go. Apologize for not letting me love him.

I half smiled at the message and wrote back "ok". Then I locked my phone and went back to finish my breakfast.

When I was done I brought the plate to the sink and cleaned it. As I was about to go back to my room my mom stopped me.

"Sweetie we are leaving in two hours. Make sure you're ready by then."

"Okay," I responded.

When I got back to my room I laid down on my back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. What was I going to tell the police? I really don't want to tell them about Zayn in the first place. Yes I know he is a dangerous kidnapper but he didn't do what he did on purpose. He got abused at a young age and was traumatized. Can you blame him? Can you blame him for wanting others to feel what he felt? He doesn't want to be a kidnapper. He knows what he is doing is wrong. He's not a bad person. I need to think of what to say and what to do.