Zayn- Chapter Twenty Two

When I woke up in the morning, Ashley was not in my arms. In fact, she was nowhere to be found.

"Ashley. Ashley, where are you?" I screamed throughout the house. I checked every room twice. She's nowhere. Did she leave me? She can't leave me. There is still so much we haven't done.

As I was checking downstairs again, I heard footsteps upstairs. I rushed to our bedroom.

"Ashley, there you are. Where the hell were you?" She was coming out of the closet holding a red dress. I forgot, she has that interview today. She looks really mad at me. What does she think I did this time?

"Why do you care?" She snapped back. Someone has an attitude problem this morning. Ashley went back into the closet and picked out a pair of shoes, then came back into the bedroom.

"I care because I love you. You had me worried sick." Mike stated.

"Bull." She shot back and walked towards the bathroom.

"What do you mean bull?" I yelled. She is really testing me this morning.

"You don't love me.' She said and then locked herself in the bathroom. Shortly after, I heard the water running so I assumed she was showering which is going to take a while. I sat down on our bed and thought about what she said to me. "You don't love me." I mean she isn't wrong. I did love her but then I lost interest. That's part of the reason why I am kidnapping again. I got bored of her. Don't get me wrong. I genuinely did love her in the beginning. I fell out of love with her around the same time I found a new girl to kidnap. I am not fit for relationships. I get bored easily, then I move on. The reason why I am keeping this relationship going is because I know it would break her if we ended it. I'm not totally heartless. Just a little bit. I definitely plan on ending it with her soon. I just need to find the right time.

I heard the water turn off which pulled me out of my thoughts. Ashley came out of the bathroom in a cloud of steam and completely naked with her hair in a towel.

"Ashley, come on. What is this all about?" I asked. I need to get going. James is waiting for me with Lauren.

She ignored me and put her undergarments on.

"Ashley," I tried again.

Finally, she turned around and said, "Am I enough for you?"

I stared at her in fake shock. "Yes. Why are you thinking that?"

"Do you love me?" She asked.

I took a while to answer. Should I tell her no? Is now the right time? While she was waiting for me to respond, she put her beige shoes on and walked back into the bathroom. I followed her and leaned against the doorframe.

"Yes, of course, I love you. You know that."

Out of nowhere, she questioned, "Then why do you lie to me?"

She turned to face the mirror and started to apply her makeup. All I could focus on was her body. But can you blame me? She is the most attractive girl I ever kidnapped.

"I know what you're doing?" I stated.

Once again, she ignored me and did her makeup. Halfway into it, she started talking. "You didn't answer my question. You say you love yet you're hiding things from me." She turned to face me. "I overheard you in your study last night on the phone. I needed to know who you were talking to and what about. So I went through your phone."

"YOU WENT THROUGH MY PHONE!" I yelled. Crap!! What did she see? From the looks of it, she found Lauren. What am I going to do?

"That's not the point. The point is that I saw an email from James. Who is Lauren, Zayn?"