Zayn-Chapter Twelve

Ashley and I stayed leaning against each other for a while. My forehead was on hers and I could hear her heavy breathing. My hands were still on her cheeks.

"Zayn," Ashley was the first one to break the silence.

Her voice brought me back to reality. I dropped my hands off her face and said, "Come, I want to show you something."

The sky was beginning to get dark and the sun was no longer in the middle of the sky. I lose track of time when we together. I took Ashley's hand back in mine and let her mindlessly through the garden. I followed a path that led to a clearing. There was a chain fence on the right side with different flowers lining the bottom. There was also a picnic table that was shaded by a large tree.

I pulled Ashley towards the table and commanded her to sit. She let go of my hand and sat down against the tree.

"Are you going to sit with me?" She asked. I wasn't really planning on it but how can I say no to her.

"Sure," I shrugged and sat a few inches away from her. I'm trying to keep my distance because I don't know how to handle the whole "I have feelings for a girl" thing. I never experienced something like this before. I never fell for a girl. I don't know what to do. I don't know what love is. This is all so new to me.

Her voice was small again. "What did you want to show me?"

I turned towards her and responded, "Look up."

When we both looked past the blanket of leaves that were shading us, we saw the sun set into the horizon. The once blue sky was now orange, yellow, and pink. The sun was a dark orange with a hint of red. The burning hot sun made its' way lower and lower until it finally settled behind picturesque mountains. The beautiful colors shortly following after. The sky turned into a dark shade of blue as the stars appeared and the moon rose. When I was done watching the sunset, I turned to look at Ashley, I noticed she was shivering. It gets quite cold at night.

"Here," I shrugged off my black leather jacket to reveal my black sleeves shirt. I handed her the jacket, she took it and put it around her shoulders. She looks cute in my oversized jacket.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" She interrogated.

"I'll be fine. Let's head back inside." I stood up and waited for her to follow after me. I contemplated extending my hand to help her up but I needed some space to figure all this out. Could I really have fallen for my victim?

Ashley and I made our way back through the garden. After a few minutes, she spoke up, "Zayn, why did you kiss me?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. To be honest, I don't even know why myself. "It was a spur of the moment kind of thing. It won't happen again." The kiss was nice. It was something different. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to kiss her again. But I can't. I need to know how to handle my feelings for her. I never had feelings in my life.

"Okay, " She mumbled.

With Ashley still following me through the dusk, we made it to the metal door that led back down to the underground bunker. We walked down the stairs in silence. We both were lost in our thoughts.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs and started walking down the oh-so-familiar hallway, Ashley was brave enough to break the silence. "What now?"

I looked at her confused and grabbed her hand again just to feel it in mine. "What do you mean?

"I mean what now, what are we going to do?"

Pulling Ashley in the direction of the room where she has been staying, I said, "You, are going to sit in the room alone. I am going back to my study."